Recording Pass Season Options

Is there any way to implement specifying which season to start with when setting up a recording pass? I realize there’s probably a bunch of season data info you’d have to pull from somewhere (IMDB perhaps?) and it’s probably much easier said than done.

I hate to keep on bringing up TiVo, but they have that option and I’m trying to ditch TiVo as well as convince my wife to make the final switch to this instead.

You can do this by editing the pass in your Channels DVR Server web admin. It has advanced options.

Add a rule that the season must be greater than X.

No plans to roll this feature out onto the client side?

I say this because it’s in many ways similar to a smart home (nodered, habitat, etc.) - not bad for the person setting it up by accessing the server might be confusing to an end-user.

1 Like

Since you mentioned TiVo, that reminded me of the first post I wrote about Channels DVR's advanced passes:

Maybe someday this feature will be added in the clients. For now, it doesn't bother me that it's only on the server side.

1 Like

The only thing that I wish was added to the clients is re-record deleted episodes. When I setup a pass to record series I want to keep from the guide to record all episodes ... I have to remind myself to go to advanced pass and add "record deleted"

1 Like

It’s less for my sake, but for other users in the house.

My wife jokes that if ever die (I almost did due to being hospitalized with COVID the first round), that our entire smart home will die along with me. I’m pretty sure it will...

1 Like