Recording path

Looking to try the dvr, but I have the not compatible Wd my cloud. Can i still set the recording path there?

You cannot install the DVR onto the MyCloud, but you can run it on your PC and set recordings to be stored there.

You will need to complete the setup using C:\DVR or similar, and then once the guide data is downloaded you can uncheck the DVR checkbox and change to X:\DVR or whatever your mapped drive location is.

couldn’t change the path to the network file. moved the c/ dvr created file to that. Don’t know if that will work. Also lost all my premium tv guide data on my fire tv

When you’re using Channels DVR, the guide data comes from Channels DVR.

Channels DVR does not yet handle the HDHomeRun Premium TV channels gracefully yet. Proper support will be coming soon.

ok I’ll just uninstall the dvr for now

\WDMYCLOUD\hdhomerun This is the path I want I see now way of sending it there. its not a C or D drive

You know you can map UNC paths to unused drive letters, right?

no idea what that means. This is the path that showed up C:\ProgramData\ChannelsDVR\data\X;\DVR\WDMYCLOUD\hdhomerun
when I copied and pasted. No idea where the recordings are, but its recording somewhere

this is the error when I try to enable the correct path

Error: unable to create dvr directory: mkdir \WDMYCLOUD: The specified path is invalid.

You can setup a mapped drive: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026635/windows-map-a-network-drive

This is the address I created. It points to my Nas .C:/hdhomerun (\WDMYCLOUD)Y I put the address in the box checked dvr and this is what shows under the server which is the hard drive of my computer. It’s not where I want the recordings
Disk
17.1% used
364.55 GB available
Stats0 Passes
6 Shows
1 Recordings
ActivityIdle

The c:/ drive is your hard drive. If you mapped your NAS it should be a different letter.

Yeah I know that, but when I put in the network mapped z drive path it gets rejected

Rejected where? What does it say?

The box under the DVR check box

Error: unable to create dvr directory: mkdir The specified path isinvalid

Also is the app dependent on having my computer on. When I turned off my computer I couldn’t even watch live tv

Which app are you using and on which device?

Regular channels on Fire tv. Is it because I added the DVR service?