Recording set to 'skipped' was still recorded

I had set a recording that was 'Queued' from a Season Pass to 'Skipped', but it recorded anyways. Is there any way to tell why it was recorded? Not a big deal, but just would have expected it to not record.

I've seen that before. Not sure of the cause, maybe a daily guide refresh changed something about that scheduled recording. I'm to the point I just let it record and delete it later, unless it conflicts with something else I really want to record. So I babysit the scheduled recordings and check the DVR log every morning after the daily guide refresh. You could spend a lot of time searching your DVR log to figure it out if you really wanted to.

Personally I would prefer to Mark As Recorded instead of Skipped, since that's why I use it. I either already recorded it, imported it, or will import it. And rarely it's because I record a series and just am not interested in recording that episode.

A post was split to a new topic: Fetching Job... never completes

What I have found is setting Skipped only skips that airing on that day and time. If it repeats later on the same or another channel covered by your pass, it will record it. You're not skipping that episode or special, just that particular airing you set as Skipped.

1 Like