Reelz no longer working?

Works for me on Edge

It does play for me. Once I clicked on the player it started playing.
Sounds like a Channels issue.

I don't have this channel so I would need a HAR file to investigate.

I leave that up to MikeCT73
I don't watch or record it, was just trying to help out.

Regular log submission?

See:

Created the file and just emailed.

Not working for me either using DirecTV TVE on Channels. If I can help in any way please let me know.

Requires upgrade to pre-release

Thanks working now. :slightly_smiling_face:

So REELZ was working with Spectrum TVE login earlier today. Then I started a recording same channel, 'Interview with the Vampire'. Recorded first 2 minutes, then it was broken. Can no longer watch live through guide either. Interestingly, when I go to the livestream in browser here, https://www.reelznow.com/live, it starts to play that same movie, then stops and restarts, even though that is not the current movie per the guide. So, I'm thinking the current problem is with REELZ itself?

REELZ itself must have been down. Working again.

1 Like

I loaded my Comcast cable TV account yesterday. I have over 200 channels so I haven't tried all of them. I can say Animal Planet works, but Reelz does not. I see "triangle-exclamation point Playback Failed." I can view it in a browser.

Works for me with Xfinity-TVE channel 6095.

If you don't know the usual suspects for TVE troubleshooting, I recommend these.

• If you can't watch the network at their Live streaming website, nothing Channels can do. Like nbc.com/live or check availability buttons at Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability for your Provider

• Make sure your package or container (if running in one) is up to date.

• Update to the latest DVR prerelease version ( 2022.01.01.2223 at the moment)

• Make sure your chrome or headless chrome is up to date.

• Run troubleshooting from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting and make sure all green checkmarks.

• Use Update Password under the gear dropdown next to your source in the DVR web UI and just key in your existing Provider password to clear the chromedata folder.

• Reboot your server or restart your package or container if running in one.

• Individually rescan channels with issues using Rescan Channels under the gear dropdown next to your source in the DVR web UI.

• Remove and re-add your source.

• If all the above fails, submit DVR diagnostics from the DVR web UI Support>Troubleshooting.

I wish they would add this to their Support Articles and link to it in the DVR web UI.
Would save us from contantly repeating this every time someone has a problem with TVE.

chDVRuser, thanks for the suggestions. I can see Reelz now.

Haha. And now I can't see Reelz. Same as before. Playback Failed.

Does it play for you at https://www.reelznow.com/live from a browser?
After I sign in (Link Provider) I have to go to https://www.reelznow.com/ and select Live to get it to start playing.

My bad. It seems the VPN is blocking most of the channels. I didn't expect that because I enabled split tunneling and only one app is using the VPN- not ChannelsDVR. However I disabled the VPN and now I can see a lot more channels. I haven't tried them all, but Reelz, BBCA, NatGeo Wild, NatGeo, SyFy, FXX, Sundance. However AMC does not play. But I'm a lot happier.

3 Likes

Thanks, guess I missed a usual suspect.
Added it to my earlier post.

I just tried to do my weekly recording of OPL and Reelz isn't working.
When i scan it says error 403 forbidden.
I'm using Philo.
I did a rescan with no luck.