Reminder: If you install iOS/tvOS/iPadOS 16 betas, you are on your own

This is the yearly reminder that we do not support beta operating systems. If you want full support and reliability, please do not update to the latest betas. If you do so and things break, do not expect us to immediately fix anything to make Channels work on a beta Operating System.

If you do install it, and things work great, or things are bad, feel free to report them. This is helpful. But we generally don't get things ready for the new OS until it's released, because Apple ships VERY buggy betas, and we don't like to waste our summer fixing bugs that Apple introduced.

Thanks!

17 Likes

HW, Beta 1 Results
ATV4Kg2, no issues
iPad5, no issues
iPhone13Pro, no issues
M1MBP, no issues

2 Likes

Does that mean you aren’t supporting my experimental quantum processor either? Not acceptable. How else am I going to record stuff that aired fire hours ago?

3 Likes

That definitely won't work well with something that requires a linear output! You already see the arguments about Ethernet vs. WiFi; imagine what people will say about entangled qubits on the other side of the solar system for processing with massive error rates...

4 Likes

Those people are a bunch of whiners. I shouldn't have to watch my shows late just because I'm on Mars.

1 Like

Quantum processor? That explains all the dark matter collisions that have been causing ripples in the space time continuum.

1 Like

That's not a bug; it's a feature.

3 Likes

HW, Beta 2 Results
ATV4Kg2, no issues
iPad5, no issues
iPhone13Pro, no issues
M1MBP, no issues

1 Like

HW, Beta 3 Results
ATV4Kg2, no issues
iPad5, no issues