Resume Playback Stops Working Past Program End Time

I have found a situation where the "resume playback" feature does not work properly:

1. Recording options are set to end later than program end time (for example, end 120 minutes later)
  2. When playback is past the program end time, if I stop playback and return to watch the program, I'm NOT prompted with the option to resume playback - instead playback is always restarted from the beginning.

This is incredibly frustrating for things like MLB baseball games that almost always run past the scheduled end time - I always setup those recordings to end 120 minutes later. If I stop playback late in the game (past the scheduled end time), I cannot resume the program from the place I last stopped.

I'm using latest client on Apple TV, and latest server on Windows 10. The IOS client on iPhone has the same issue.

Additionally, the iPhone client has what is probably a related issue in that the "watch" button disappears when the recording is past the schedule end time - I have to stop the recording to watch the recording on the iPhone.

Are these known bugs?