Samsung TV Plus for Channels [retired]

so dramatic :laughing:
just dont use this. solved!

Everyone else, the playlists are removed.
see Pluto / Samsung / Stirr / Plex / PBS - Playlists Removed [DMCA] · Issue #127 · matthuisman/i.mjh.nz · GitHub

3 Likes

I still do not get it.. They are free to watch streams are they not? Why they claim a take down? Whatever. Cloudflare i have seen be weird on some things.

The urls still work fine for me. Still get guide data... still refresh even. Must be cached if they been removed. So, assume it will stop working soon for me.

Great... yesterday I lost all Xfinity channels, now Samsung.... the universe does not want me to be watching tv anymore i guess lol :crazy_face:

Guess i gonna have to figure out Docker thing if i want this back...

Question. How much power hardware wise does Docker things need for Channels?
This one, for Samsung, just generates a playlist, that not take much cpu or ram i assume?

But there are other Docker things for Channels is there not? They need more cpu or ram?

Just trying to decide if i need to setup Docker on something that has some decent hardware, or just a old pi SBC would do.

@bnhf
Another docker compose Samsung TV Plus for Channels - #325 by chDVRuser
Samsung TV Plus for Channels - #324 by chDVRuser
for your projects!
A docker-compose for every Channels-related extension -- suitable for Portainer-Stacks!
Project One-Click: All-in-One Installations of Docker Extensions and CDVR Custom Channels

1 Like

Yes, but their licensing terms probably indicate the streams are only meant for playback in their own apps, and they’re not meant to be available for recording, editing and/or commercial skipping in other apps. Just a guess though. Perhaps one day these FAST (Free Advertising-supported Streaming Television) providers will end up encrypting their streams too :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Put it this way. I'm running 9 docker containers, including this one, on my 11 yr old NAS w/2GB RAM.

2 Likes

it wasnt cloudflare, it was a takedown from pluto.
I decided its not worth the risk of hosting the other playlists as well so removed them.
The EPGs are still being generated.

They may be back if I can find a better place to host them thats away from my server for other stuff

But i think i still prefer my plan to have users generate the playlists themselves locally.
Its a lot harder to stop that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Take a few minutes of your time and setup docker and learn enough to meet your needs.
I'm quite happy to generate lists locally.
I even setup docker instance on windows and it isn't a huge deal.

Pluto? Well nocords url seems to have no issues, yet.
Pluto is my main source, (Samsung and Plex have many of the same channels streams) but Samsung has a few channels i like that are not in others.

1 Like

I installed Docker via DietPi-software UI on my other CDVR server. Ran the pull code and run code.
I got the new urls.

How often does this refresh the data in the xml gudie vs the previous ulrs?

Also, the Channel numbers all changed. Not sure if they will conflict with Pluto or others now.
Both now and before, i had set to use the channel number from the m3u.

Samsung uses 1001 - 4585
Pluto uses 0 - 5264

I find it best to let Channels DVR assign the channel numbers.
It remembers what channel number it assigned to a channel-id, so the channel numbers won't change.

Set your custom source to refresh every hour and you won't have to worry about it.

I meant in the docker? Recall we had issues with the guide data populating from his server.
How often does the docker pull from Samsung (or wherever) new guide data?
Or does Channels refresh settings somehow control the data pull in the docker?

If it is not obvious, i know nothing about Docker, containers and all of that... just give me a .exe i can run Iin Windows anyday. Lol

If you do decide to run some containers I strongly suggest your first step be installing Portainer. it will greatly help visualize whats going on in docker. its basically a gui for docker.

1 Like

Thanks once again for the heads-up. I'm traveling for a funeral the next couple of days, but I'll add it soon.

1 Like

Idk, everything i find via web search says this "MarkScan" a company in India, is fraudulent and spam/abuses sites DMCA's etc. Many many posts claiming they impersonate and claim to be representing some big media company and have taken down things not even related to the IP they claim has been violated. There also is news reports that local Police have arrested employees of this company under charges of fraud and harassment and other crimes.

Personally, i think their claim is bogus... however, as things are these days, the innocent person rarely wins in the long term.
matthuisman mentioned he does not want to risk other things tied to his site, legit or fraudulent claims aside, the whole process is just crap and I do not blame him for just wanting to find some other solution and not have to worry about it.
This Docker solution seems to work fine...for now.
just hope those scammy IP Protection company's don't find a way to take that down.

Appreciate your work Matt! Any plans to habe a docker for the other playlists?

That would be cool. His one for Samsung, the page the link show, give very simple to understand instructions. Compared to some of the other Projects on the form here, that has just gobs of code to make it work.

I did not even realize matt had other play lists.

I wonder how it compare to nocords playlist urls. That what i use for Pluto and it been rock solid.

i outlined a bit of my "evil plan" in that github issue.

I want to go from multiple different dockers to a single docker container that can install and run my various Kodi addons using my kodi.emulator. It would allow generating a playlist from any of them or a playlist combining multiple of them.

I already have a system like that working for TvHeadend.
But want to make more generic to work with channels / any other IPTV player apps too

7 Likes

I have setup the new docker instance for Samsung Channels yesterday.
I notice now it is not working.

Channels fails to tune any channel

Could not start stream for M3U-SamsungDocker ch2739 Ice Road Truckers: M3U: Could not fetch playlist from xxx . uk: xxx 404 Not Found

(i removed the full m3u and put x's)

EDIT: I I forced a manual refresh in Channels and now it will play. I have Channels set to Refresh URL daily... so not sure what is going on and why it did not refresh and gave 404 errors.