Screen saver stays on

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed an issue that cropped up sometime in the last month or so. When I’m watching a recording, and I pause it, after some period of time the screen saver comes on (which is great!). When I come back, if I press the play/pause button, my recording starts playing again (I can hear the audio), but the screen saver stays on.

If I instead click the menu button while the screen saver is on, the screen saver goes away, and I can then click play to start playing again.

Not terribly urgent for me, as the workaround is easy, but it’s somewhat annoying when it happens! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a known issue which started when we enabled screensaver display during paused recording playback.

Last time I looked there was no easy way to stop the screensaver from displaying, since it kinda runs as another app on top of everything else. The fact that it lets certain button presses through but others dismiss the screensaver is a bug in tvOS itself.

I call it “Radio mode” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Screen saver activates when watching tv