Screensaver active while watching TV

For the record, I only experienced this on one of my four ATVs. So reproduction of this incident, as you stated, is difficult. Thanks again.

I’m also experiencing this issue for the last couple of days. Live TV last for only couple of min before screensaver kicks in.

@sjsaleem I previously said this only happened on one of my four ATV's, but it just happened again last night on another one. Before I uninstalled and reinstalled the Channels DVR app, I rebooted the ATV. It did not return after that. It's like the initial install of tvOS 15.1 does something strange and another reboot is required.

This has also been happening to me in recent days. I’ve disabled the screensaver until it is resolved.

Happening for me as well, after just updating Channels earlier this evening. I’ll try removing and reinstalling to see if the problem disappears.

This is a bug in some code added for a new feature. We've tracked it down and should hopefully have it fixed in the next TestFlight beta. You can watch for it there. If you're not on the beta you can learn more here: Channels — Beta Program

Otherwise, it will be fixed in the next official release.

2 Likes

The TestFlight fix for this is out

2 Likes

I upgraded last night but find the screen saver keeps kicking while watching on my apple TV. I was able to get this resolved last night by rebooting apple TV but having same issue again today.

This was a bug and has been resolved as mentioned above.

I am not sure I understand how to get the beta link/redeem code for testflight. the link above tells you how to use the link but I don't see how I actually get the email so I can use the link or redeem.

How can I apply into the program?

Links is in the explanation post above.

Thanks, I was on my laptop and apple TV. didn't know I had to click on the link from my iphone. All good now. I have it installed. wife is not happy the little ball is gone from the guide showing what time it is. Thanks for the very fast response. I very much love this program.

1 Like

Is there a Beta Program for the FireTV?

Yes, inside the Channels app, go to Settings > Support > Install Beta

However, it's important to note that the Android beta has a different update schedule than the iOS beta.

I'm seeing the same issue with the new update and never had it before. How long generally will it be in beta / testflight before its released - I'm trying to see if its worth the trouble of grabbing the beta and potentially introducing other bugs.

A release with the fix is out now. You'll need to manually go to the App Store on your Apple TV and download it as we use phased releases across 7 days.

Please report back if it has resolved the issue as we honestly haven't had anyone confirm it yet, lol.

I was hit by this bug too...it stopped going to sleep after I switched to the test flight. I'll keep playing around on the production version and let you know if I see it again.

@maddox I can confirm at least for me, the manual update to 5.1.0 has appeared to fix my issue. Been running it all night and haven’t seen the bug pop up. And that’s the only bug I’ve seen. Love the new release.

We just had this happen to us as well, watching Live TV and the AppleTV screensaver came on. We were away last week and our house sitter said this had happened to her as well.

Not sure what version we're on, will report back if already on 5.10 or if that doesn't resolve the issue.