Scrubbing on AppleTV really bad in last couple of months

I generally just use 1. Often just to go backwards to hear something I missed or to forward after I've paused for some reason.

1 Like

I do 1 and 3 mostly. I just get stuttering for a few moments after on my ATV4, but my 4K is smooth and fast.

#2 it scrolls super fast at the beginning and then levels off.

The are both tied to my Windows10 DVR with MOCA.

Although the experience is slightly different on live and recordings, they both work for me.

@tmm1 @maddox I also get this spinning circle when I try to go back. It stays on the screen while the show plays and won’t disappear. I have to tap the Siri remote track pad to make it disappear. If I tap again, the circle keeps spinning. Have to back out or trick play again to make it go back to normal.

Diagnostics submitted.

Are you sending audio to a HomePod? My experience is that Channels random access became unusable when I started doing that (to the extent that I switch off the HomePod audio when I am watching a Channels recording).

No. Audio is to a receiver.

Thanks for the diagnostics. The spinner issue appears to be something different than what's being talked about on this thread (slow seek on recorded TV).

Can you submit diagnostics again from the latest testflight build? I've added logging that should help narrow down what's happening here. It's related to Newest version, OSD problem

Just did on the new beta. Unless you meant the next time it happens.

I’ve had the same problem in both channels and acorn TV apps on Apple TV. Seems if I uninstall then reinstall the app, the problem disappears for quite a while. So when it comes back, I just uninstall and reinstall again sad :disappointed:

I have run into these same issues starting a few months ago as well. One issue I also see happen frequently is the skip fed/rev functionality stops entirely where I press the right or left side of the remote and it doesn’t skip. Instead it will act like I pressed the center of the remote. This seems to happen when I have been using channels, then put the ATV to sleep, then come back the next day or so and watch more TV. I have to kill the channels app to get it back to normal and then scrubbing works.

Mines the same on ATV4, over the past few months I’ve noticed that channels has gotten progressively worse, having to force quit, constant stalling, so much so that I’m considering not renewing my subscription this year. I’ve had to result in using Plex dvr instead which is not what I’m paying a subscription to do.

Same here with ATV. Recorded shows seem to work faster. Live TV pause and skip is slow. Fast on ipad

This is getting bad. Fast rewind, holding the trackpad turns the screen green and stays there. Trick play stops responding and it keeps rewinding.

And no, it’s not the hdmi cable.

Diagnostics submitted.

Now I’m getting tuner not available when there are tuners available. Diagnostics submitted again. Had to kill the app to get it working again.

Can you try switching back to the Default video driver?

Sure thing, but I have to step out. I’ll try later.

it works fine on the default video driver, i cant replicate it. i can easily replicate it using the experimental. thanks.

1 Like

Thanks. What about with experimental video driver but Linear deinterlacer

these setting work, i cant replicate the issue. thanks.

1 Like

An update to my very slow/jumpy rewind/fast forward issue of live recordings on ATV 4K - I switched the video driver back to the default (from experimental) two days ago when I saw the advice above and the performance improved immensely. I had actually forgot I had made that change long ago.

1 Like

What do you have Deinterlacing set to?