Scrubbing Timeline is too Inaccurate

After pausing a show to later skip through commercials it is too difficult to restart the show at the exact point shown in the preview. As soon as I click the large button to restart the show, the slider moves slightly before or after the preview. The app should ignore finger movements within .25 seconds of clicking it to ensure that the clicking motion doesn’t also move the slider. It’s frustrating to find just the right point and then have it move when clicking the button.

1 Like

Agreed, moving through video is very inaccurate.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this as well. There should be some “friction” on the scrubber at the end of the seek.

Also, it would be helpful if the scrubber would “snap” to the current play position for those times when one accidentally seeks ahead or changes their mind and wants to return to the current position. As it is now, it is difficult to get back to the exact mark of the current play position.

1 Like

Definitely agree we need to make some improvements here. We’re heads down on DVR for now but will have some time after the launch.

2 Likes

DVR is excellent. Any little tweaks and fine tuning you can make to playback controls is much appreciated.

v2.1.20 is now available on the App Store with several improvements which allow for more precise scrubbing. Thanks for starting this discussion!

anything planned on changing the skip time lengths?

Yes, there are plans.

1 Like

Yes, but it is involved and won’t happen for a while We hear ya!

1 Like

Thanks gents.

Really enjoying the DVR service but I would agree that scrubbing can be difficult with the Apple TV remote.

We tried Philo a while back and I liked their scrubbing setup. When you would pause the program it would give you a preview ribbon with thumbnails that you could scroll through to find a particular spot in a show. The downside though was that if you needed to jump really far ahead or behind it could take a while.

1 Like