Search dumbed down

Anyone else notice the search screen has been dumbed down on the fire tv app? It used to provide lists to browse new and existing shows. Now it won't do anything until I give it at least three characters to search on.

1 Like

Those were not search results, they were helpful lists of upcoming items.

This has been replaced by the On Later feature which goes much deeper in accomplishing the same task.

I tried "On Later" and it is underwelming. Before, I went to search and right there is a list of "new" TV shows. I could quickly peruse that to see if any new series were starting up that I might want to record.

With "On Later", I seem to have to click into "TV shows" and then it is lists of shows for various different categories "Thriller" or "Crime" or "mystery" or "drama" or whatever. So, no special list for "new" and I have to click on "more" on each category to see the whole list. Not an improvement for me.

New Shows and New Seasons are full rows in the main On Later section.

Hmm. Maybe just summer doldrums and nothing there, but I don't see those headings at all. I have "On Today, "On this week", category buttons like "TV shows", then "Upcoming Movies", "Specials', "Sports", and "Kids".

Sounds like your guide just doesn’t have anything new in it. Seems normal for the summer.

This is what it would look like: