Server won't start?

This morning, my server wouldn't be recognized. It seems it was running, but it wasn't responsive (and there was no GUI in the menu bar) . I finally resorted to using the installer to uninstall/reinstall, but the server won't stay up. Every time I try to restore the backup (or do any operation in the settings in a browser), it crashes. Any suggestions?

FWIW this is an older box, and is still on High Sierra. Everything else is working normally on the box.

oddly, I am having the same problem, sometime over night things stopped recording/working. The late news recorded, but nothing after 1am mdt. I am running the DVR on an old MacBook Pro, and it has been flawless/problem free for the past 6 months. I have also tried uninstall and reinstall. Upon reboot the channels dvr Icon shows up but then disappears when I try to 'configure', and Chrome opens up to nothing. ugh.

Yes! Exactly! I'm seeing the same thing. I've had zero issues with the server since inception. My last job at 10 pm last night worked, but there's nothing in my log after that (although I had nothing scheduled), so it was something over night.

The icon comes up, I try to use the browser, and then it disappears. It seems to come back on and off an few times and then finally doesn't come back.

Yup, I am seeing that icon go away and back again. This is all that runs on the old MacBook, it has older os (and is probably older, 2008) Yosemite 10.10.5. I first thought some sort of failure and time to move to a new computer but cant find anything else wrong. Sort of nice to see someone else with exact same issue at the same time, that tells me it may not the computer itself.

FWIW mine is a Mid 2010 iMac. It does seem the timing points to something with a server release (and maybe older hardware/OS?)

Not being the only one is always a reassuring feeling.

I am experiencing the same thing. I'm on a older 2010Mac mini running macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan). As best I can tell the last recordings started at 10pmEDT. I can not access the server and it does not show the icon in the menu bar, but the installer indicates a server is running. I have tried stopping and restarting the server...no change. I've rebooted and not change.

1 Like

Looks like a server update went out last night:

Mine appears to be working fine. I'm on Catalina on a 2018 Mac mini

A new public release of Channels DVR Server was released last night. It seems to be causing issues on older versions of macOS. We're currently looking into it.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I just made and pinned an official thread on this issue. Lets keep everything on that one.

I'm closing this thread for now.