ShieldTV - Lost sound & player crash

I've just submitted diagnostics for a couple of issues I am frequently getting on my ShieldTV 2019 Pro

The most recent is a player crash (submitted as crash). Whilst skipping forward, playback froze then crashed back to library. I then can't play anything unless I change decoder from hardware to software or reboot. After this happens, Plex won't play anything also, until I reboot

The submission prior to this was player. I started playback of a recording & after skipping forward a couple of minutes, to start of program, I get no sound. I have to back out & resume playback then it's fine. This is repeatable & always seems to happen with same channel (& I think same show, but can't be certain as hadn't properly noted)

Let me know if you need any more info

@tmm1, I've narrowed down the sound issue to one particular show, or more specifically, the trailers that are on before it starts

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anl52SKBh1FT3DMdbAuBEB5TBO4p?e=xrkhXt

Play this from beginning, then when the trailer ends at 03:22, the sound stops altogether. Backing out to library then resuming brings it back.

I have had random sound issues on my Shield 2019 since the last OS update.
They changed something in the OS and AC3 and other multi channel audio works different, or was not actually working right in many cases before the update.

I have to have the "surround sound" option in Channels DVR app off else my OTA stations just give a very loud buzzy static noise. I do not have a 5.1 setup, just using the AUX port speaker out of my monitor that uses the HDMI connection.

have your tried disable the surround sound option in the app?
Or messed around with the Available Formats settings in the Shield settings?

You also have to have the Dolby Surround option enabled it seems for any multi channel audio to work or be downmixed, this also locks out local device volume control sets to fixed and u have to use your IR, or receiver/sound bar whatever volume control.

I played your file on my PC with MPV, as well as on my Shield with MPV and Emby.
Plays fine. no issues.

I imported the file into Channels as local media and even with Surround Sound option enabled, it plays fine for me.

something with your audio setup/equipment that is causing your issue maybe?