Show Timeline Off mostly not working

Ive noticed since the last client update (4.6.2) that disabling the timeline from showing mostly doesnt work anymore. The timeline still shows about 60% of the time. I have no idea how to submit logs for this. Super annoying when fast forwarding thru the news and trying to catch the scroll at the bottom.

Being a developer myself, I tend not to give my ideas on what the cause is, as not to send anyone on a goose chase, but I have noticed it seems to pop up if the buffer is empty. That might not be the problem, but something is still triggering it.

Just want to bump this up since no one reacted to it. Makes me think no one saw it.

Logs can be submitted under Settings > Support in the app and are most helpful when submitted immediately after the issue occurs

Not for nothin', but don't you guys test anything yourselves? If said "just send me logs" to my users, I'd be looking for a new job.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the process, having to submit and log from the Channels App on my FireStick, and then have to follow up with an email including that long ass GUID number that is presented by the app when said log is submitted that can't be easily copied and pasted from my FireStick to my Computer email seems ridiculous. But these are the replies I get when reporting an issue.

If you can't afford a FireStick to test with, I'll send you one. It would take three minutes reproduce this issue on your end.

...and this really is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to bugs in the FireStick app. I could report more than a dozen things that are not working properly, but the hassle of how to go about reporting them is not worth it.

All you need to do is to click the submit button and let me know here that you clicked it.

1 Like

Even when diagnostics are submitted from a client you can easily view and copy and paste from the server logs. That is if you care to share them with the devs in a post.

I guess I got my answer. If its not an Apple TV app, its not actually tested.

I cannot reproduce. If I could, I wouldn't need diagnostics.

2 Likes

I just submitted a dozen or so logs. Its constant.

4.6.3, the new client

Are you seeking forward (single click of dpad right) or fast-forwarding (click and hold dpad right)?

The feature is coded to avoid showing the timeline on seeks only.

For some reason your diagnostics are missing log messages, so I'm still not clear on which specific state transitions are causing the timeline to appear for you.

Seeking, Single D Pad Right.

Is there something else I can do to help?

OK, I have more information now. This only works while playing a Recording and does not work when watching Live TV.