Siri voice command to tune to specific channels?

Just dawned on me that this could be a cool feature, but not sure of the feasibility… my mother who isn’t the best at navigating ATV likes to use Siri to navigate around, and she asked the other day if she could just ask Siri to put the “normal tv” on for her… i know you can ask Siri to boot the app and that is fine, but it would be nice for her to say… “tune to channel 6” or something along those lines.

Apple don’t allow for that unfortunately

Has any of this logic changed? Is the use of voice within the app a capability?

Unfortunately, Siri isn’t a service that is directly available to third party developers. We can’t create experiences with Siri.

That’s a bummer. What does YouTube have that makes voice search available. Is that Siri or a voice search they developed?

If you mean voice search while not inside of the YouTub app, it’s because they’re a chosen partner by Apple. They’ve been given the functionality just like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

If you mean voice search inside the app after going to the Search tab, Channels supports that too. The native search widget supports voice all on its own.

Is that only on the DVR portion? I don’t see a search bar in the Live TV portion, on either the Guide or On Now areas

The Search tab in Channels searches DVR airing data. There’s no search for the guide tabs.