Some channel logos missing

The missing logos do have a hidden benefit/silver lining: it exposes some of the UI/UX issues across the apps for channels that do not have logos:

• No channel name/number in the Quick Guide
  • Formatting/layout issues with titles in On Now cards
  • No channel name/number in the Details dialog for recordings

Hopefully Gracenote is able to resolve this quickly. But until then, at least there is a benefit, right? :wink:

1 Like

Never realized how much my mother uses the channel Logos to identify channels, vs the name or number......since this no logo thing has happened, she is quite lost and was upset today that she could not find the channel that had some show on it she watched nearly every night.....she only know certain stations by the logo picture.

Hope this can be fixed soon,

Also if there are no channel Logos we should still be able to see the channels number in the Quick Guide ... right now no logo no channel #.

Still no fix from Gracenote? Being able to upload some of our own icons would be nice :thinking:

2 Likes

I would love to upload my own logos too. Emby server allows it. Some Logos just don't look good over the purple color interface. At least if we could add our own logos this issue would not happen again. I'm surprised that this issue has not been fixed. I guess Gracenote went on vacation.

2 Likes

i tried

Logos on my OTA channels are back this morning after trying "Refresh Station Logos" again! Still missing a lot of cable/TVE logos but at least the ones at the top of my guide are there.

I am still missing several OTA and TVE: after refresh

BOUNCE
MYS
LAFF
GRIT
ANIMAL-PLANET
HGTV
DISNEY
BUZZR
DABL
AMGTV

There appears to be a bug in the refresh button that affects TVE. If you stop and restart your DVR server the logos will return.

2 Likes

A restart did the trick.

After reboot, I got TVE logos back, and lost one more OTA, and still missing several OTA logos.

Missing:

KJNK-LD (new) Actuly this is COZY TV 25.3 KJNKLD3 ...the guide data was wrong to)
BOUNCE
MYS
LAFF
GRIT

Restarting the Channels DVR package on my NAS fixed it. All TVE channel logos back.

Any update on this being fully fixed? Still missing several logos.

I got mine all back by redownloading entire guide.

ive tried all the options, refresh logos, download full guide, reboot...still missing logos.
5 OTA channels remain with no logos

Do you see logos on zap2it.com ?

BOUNCE and GRIT appear to have logos. I emailed Gracenote about the others.

yes. they all show on zap2it for my OTA channels there.
my zip code is 55426 and if u sort it by that and for antenna, u can see them fine.

channels currently missing logos
33. (all)

im using sever 2020.06.25.0029 btw. logos were still missing in the last 2 versions too. but i gather this does not seem to be a sever issue, but an outside source issue.

Odd thing, so today, those logos i saw on Zap2it are missing now...but it gets more fun.

ok. so... I rebooted the sever that Channels is on, due to OS updates...
Got back channel logos for the OTA 33.# channels....
Still missing
2.5 (TPT NOW - Local weather and radar 24/7)
KTCA-TV

and

25.3 (KJNK-LD COZI TV)

** For this channel, i noticed on Rabbit Ears site and also now see on Zap2it that the 25 channels are also listed as 43 channels with a diffent call signs.
43.4 KMBDLD4 is now COZI TV

I have re-scanned my HDHR but it does not show this channel number change
I was able to edit the Channels Guide and find the KMBDLD4 43.4 entry and that gave me back the logo. ( guess the channel is moving sometime soon??)

Now, for TPTNOW, that has a logo when u tune it, but i do not see one on zap2it (generic placeholder image)
the channel logo image is here (or just the regular TPT image with the blue curve on top will do as well.

Would be really nice to be able to upload custom Channel Logos, i was able to do so and change the channel meta data super fast and easy in Emby, and replace the logo.

2 Likes

KMSPDT3 (LIGHTTV) 9.5

Logo missing today, did Refresh Channel Logos in server, and it got replaced with wrong logo, MGM Family, not LIGHTtv. Guide info is still correct though.

Hi @tmm1, Hope you are well.

I’ve noticed over the last few days, icons have been disappearing.
I’m in the England, UK with Freeview.

So far
Channel 7 - Thats TV, this one has been missing guide for ages, but manage to manually assign Estuary for the Humber Region which gives correct guide and the old Estuary Logo, but not the Thats TV logo.
Channel 14 - Film 4
Channel 26 - Yesterday
Channel 81 - Talking Pictures
Channel 87 - PBS America
Channel 89 - Court TV, managed to manually assign.
Channel 102 - BBC 2 HD - I’ve fixed this one by assigning the guide from Channel 2 - BBC 2 SD
Channel 203 - CITV

I’ve refreshed the logos, re-downloaded the guide database. Tried to manually assign some with other available guides with limited success.

I think the channel lineup has been altered and moved about recently causing some issues.

Any help would be appreciated.