Something went wrong

In moving Channels DVR from Nvidia Shield to a Synology NAS, I successfully installed the spk. But when I ran the Restore Wizard it failed somehow. How do I proceed? I cannot find any means to rerun the wizard. I moved the DVR folder in the created ChannelsDVR folder into Synology. Not clear what went wrong.

What failed? What is the error message?

You can visit http://x.x.x.x:8089/restore to access the backup restore UI

Sorry but I didn't see an actual error message appear. And are you referring to a backup on my previous Shield or on the new Synology volume? When I visit the page you're referring to on the Synology I find a single folder. But if I open the ChannelsDVR/Database via the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000 I see a couple dozen backups but none match the one at :8089/restore

At this point would it be wise to uninstall the Channels DVR spk on the Synology and install again?

Make sure the Synology System Internal User channels has access to the folder you're trying to restore from.

How do I do that?

1 Like

Either Control Panel Shared Folder edit permissions or File Station edit permissions.
Example here Updated to DSM 7 and Channels for DSM 7 Beta Movies do not import - #6 by gjcamp73

OK. What I'm seeing for the Shared Folder called ChannelsDVR is admin and I didn't have R/W permissions. So, I checked the boxes for these and saved the settings.

See the example I posted above.
Channels DVR on Synology DSM 7 runs as System Internal User channels
That user needs permission to access any directory outside its installed location.

Now what??? Refreshing the admin/settings for the Synology doesn't seem to indicate the data has been as yet integrated into the server. What do I need to do now?

I don't understand what you said.
Did you read the post I linked?

You need to login to your Synology as an admin user.
Grant at least READ permission to the channels user to access the folder you copied the backups into.
Are you at all familiar with using the DSM on Synology, or is this all new to you.

When I look at the settings for ChannelsDVR I see the following:

I believe all of this was set up for me when I performed the installation of the spk.

Could you screenshot what you see in the Database folder in the Synology interface vs the Channels backup restore interface?

1 Like

OK, so the user has permissions.

What does the folder ChannelsDVR/Database look like in File Station?

1 Like

DVR was the folder I copied from the Shield.

Inside the Database folder

Sounds like maybe you need to select DVR then Database inside there from the Channels restore UI

@tmm1 is correct. You need to restore from that DVR/Database folder you copied over.

OK. As a newbie...I don't wish to screw this up but tell me how to do perform a restore and from where?

Was that the .../restore link tmm1 provided?

Yes