Something went wrong

Sorry for asking but that page indicates using a Restore Wizard. Is that what I'm looking for somewhere?
That's what I had fail on me earlier...and no longer see.

1 Like

Use the restore link he gave you.
What fails/doesn't work, what do you see?
From the article I linked just above
Note: If you have already set up your new Channels DVR Server fresh and would like to restore from your migrated data directory, you can get to the Welcome Screen directly by visiting http://SERVER_IP_ADDRESS:8089/welcome.

Use that or the link he gave you to start restoring.
I assume you know that you have to replace the x.x.x.x in that link with the IP address of the Synology?

When I visit xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/restore I see

I then open Volume1/ChannelsDVR/Database and see

So now I'm not clear on how to "install" anything. Seems this backup location was maybe a dummy when the code was installed?

You need to pick the directory you put them in.
/volume1/ChannelsDVR/DVR/Database

Now see

Assume I use Restore Existing DVR, right?

Nope that takes me back to the page with the backup that has nothing in it...

Seems like I need to take the second option Set Up New DVR, right?

Use the restore link he gave you and pick the directory where you copied your backup to.
/volume1/ChannelsDVR/DVR/Database

Did so and see the following:

Now what??? Do I simply open it and pick the latest one?

Did you actually read the article on how to restore?
Pick the backup that you want to restore. You’ll want to use the most recent backup.

Will do!

Seems to be working as guide data is being downloaded. I'm assuming I can use the Channels app on my Nvidia Shield. Will it automagically discover the new ChannelsDVR app on the Synology?

Sorry it's been quite some time since I had to deal with the client side. Guessing I may need to point to the new IP address.

Before you do anything else, you have to fix your goof.

Wait until the guide downloads and there is no more activity.

Stop the Channels DVR package in Synology Packagae Manager.

Use the Synology File Station to move all the folders inside
/volume1/ChannelsDVR/DVR
to
/volume1/ChannelsDVR

Start the Channels DVR Synology Package.

Last step of that article says

Finishing Up

You may want to restart your Channels apps so that they’re sure to find your new Channels DVR Server. You should also now uninstall Channels DVR Server on your old computer.

So, I should move everything you see here into the ChannelsDVR folder?

That is to move everything within the one here called DVR into the one above. Do I need worry about duplicate folders already there???

No. Thats the folder you want to move things TO.

Correct

No

Then what exactly are you saying I need to move or not?

This is within the .../ChannelsDVR/DVR folder:

Are these the folders I need to move up the ChannelsDVR? If so, some will seem to be duplicate names. Or do I need to first remove the ones in ChannelsDVR that have the same name?

Yes

That is correct

Originally you should have copied everything inside the DVR folder you now have to /volume1/ChannelsDVR
But instead you copied the DVR folder there.

OK. So, I'll first remove the duplicate named folders in ChannelsDVR and then move everything from the lower DVR up.

No,
Just move them like I said.