Sort Episodes by DVD Date Rather Than Date Aired?

Imported episodes of a series (Firefly) are shown with incorrect metadata.They are listed by date aired rather than DVD date and I am unable to change the data using (for a given episode) Options -> Fix Incorrect Match. The pop-up window appears but the list of results that the episode could be fixed to is always empty.

The files are named, for example: Firefly S01E03 Bushwhacked.m4v. The metadata for this example file displays as if it were Firefly S01E06 Our Mrs. Reynolds.m4v.

I've searched around but not found the way to avoid this challenge. Has anyone worked around this?

I am using beta version 2021.06.17.1801 of the DVR.

Fortunately or unfortunately, for TV Shows the matching is tied to Gracenote guide data.
You can view what Gracenote thinks is correct at zap2it.com.
For Firefly, look at the Episode Guide tab here.
https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/overview.html?programSeriesId=SH00524463&tmsId=SH005244630000&from=TVGrid&aid=gapzap

…and I guess Channels DVR has no way to manually fix the data…

Sure, you just need to edit what it's searching for in the match window.
Change it from this
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 16-41-55 Channels Firefly
to this
Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 16-42-24 Channels Firefly

Thanks, chDVRuser, but I'm sorry, I can't see the difference in what's being searched for in your two screenshots...
(though it's good to see it work in the second one)

Change the search box field
to: Bushwacked

If I limit the contents of the search field to just the title of the episode, I get choices to pick from. An example, for "Serenity" which is first in the DVD order (and the story order), I'm offered episode 11 (its airing order) and episode 12 (which should be "Heart of Gold").

The episode-name-only did work for a few of the other episodes that were wrong, though.

Confusing...

May be, but that's how it currently works to find a match for an individual episode.

If you haven't found these yet,

Support article on importing local content

Original thread covering importing Movies

Original thread covering importing TV Shows

Thank you kindly for the links. I'm just going to leave non-matching series out of Channels for now, maybe when the local content feature graduates from beta status things will be better. My forehead has been flattened and my wall dented by the attempt.

Cheers...

1 Like