Sort/Filter by Movie Length

Perhaps this is possible already somehow. But sometimes i just want to watch a movie of 90 mins or under 2hrs etc. At the moment i find myself going through quite a big library of movies one by one checking their run time. It would be great to sort/filter by run time or have the option to create a collection of movies under 90 mins, under 2 hrs etc. I'm sure there's probably other ways it could be done.

Try making collections for duration lengths. You’ll have to use the advanced editor to make rules for it.

Duration > 80 Duration < 110

We’ll work on adding Duration to the Smart Rules editor.

Thanks. Duration > seems to work but not duration < for some reason.

As an example

duration is in seconds, and you have nothing under 90s long

Perhaps we should convert to minutes for easier usage

Ah sorry i was just going by the advice above. Now it makes sense. Thats definitely a great start. Would still be good to sort by duration but i now have a movie collection of films under 1hr50mins.

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry about that!

For the record, I feel you on short movies. When I find them I watch them right away. :joy:. I hate this new trend of long runtimes.

Tell me about it! Sadly its not often i have time for a 2 and a half hour film these days!

Or allow quantifiers. 10s 20m 1h 1h30m

1 Like

The latest prerelease lets you sort movie collections by duration.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks

SNL tonight has a funny Pete Davidson music video called “Short-Ass Movies” which made me think of this thread :joy:

Sorting titles by duration is very helpful, I'd love to see that same functionality available everywhere.

2 Likes

Give me a short ass movie!!!!!!!!

A post was split to a new topic: Stream link issue with duration