Spectrum - TVE - FS Wisconsin

Chrome runs on WIN-7
System requirements to use Chrome
Windows

To use Chrome on Windows, you'll need:

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that's SSE2 capable

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

i said being updated, not that it runs on Win 7.
it is very possible that even a version built for win 7, will not support certain new things or have the newer features or code base as the one built for win 10.

Channel 6201 works after the rescan that I had done from the other thread.

Why do you suppose that the FS Wisconsin channels that I should be receiving don't even show up anywhere in the channel list?

Sorry I meant 6202. When that channel scans successfully, it includes the list of regional channels available to you and they are added to the channel list.

What channel 6202? There is no Channel 6202 in the list to even attempt what you are suggesting.

It's shown clearly in your screenshot here:

I gave you a screenshot of Channels DVR as it is today. If it's different than when I gave you the screenshot last time, who else could explain that but you? I haven't made any changes, and last I checked, the user has no control over what channels appear on that screen.

It's still a mystery as to why FS Wisconsin doesn't show up in the channels list whether it authorizes or not.

I can follow what he's saying.
The screenshot you just provided is the guide mapping screen, you have to click the Edit button in the upper right in order to get to the full list of channels, then try rescanning channel 6202.

No, wrong. Maybe we just let Aman work on this.

(actually, chDVRuser was correct)

OK. I'll quit trying to help

Okay, my mistake. I do appreciate the help.

Sorry to both of you.

I don't believe that channels 6202, 6203 or 6204 would be a part of something I subscribe to. So I suppose it would make sense that it can't login. Is that a reasonable assumption?

Ah forget it. If sports just doesn't work for some people in Channels DVR, it just doesn't work.

I can live without baseball, no problem.

After researching the forum here, I see when Aman looked at this last I was still using PSVue, so it's not really a good comparison.

I'll test this on a Win 10 machine before pursuing it here further.

2 Likes

After clicking EDIT to view the entire channel list, what is it that determines whether FS Wisconsin appears in the list, or not?

I explained it earlier.

So, the idea is that by changing from Win 7 to Win 10, that channel 6202 will scan successfully, and that FS Wisconsin channel will all of a sudden appear in the channel list?

What will a successful scan of channel 6202 look like (or what message will it return)?

As a Spectrum customer, what website would I visit to watch the TVE stream for:

6202 FS-COLLEGE-ATLANTIC
6203 FS-COLLEGE-CENTRAL
6204 FS-COLLEGE-PACIFIC

I don't believe that I can find these channels anywhere in my subscription, or on the set-top-box even.

It should look like this:

Right now it can't even login to spectrum so it doesn't know if you have that channel or not. If it doesn't it will say "not-entitled" and then load the extra channels underneath.

So, what is this line doing, and what should it return?

https://api.auth.adobe.com/api/v1/authenticate?reg_code=HG6BDBC&mso_id=Charter_Direct&domain_name=adobe.com&requestor_id=fs2go&noflash=true&redirect_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsp.auth.adobe.com%2Fadobe-services%2FcompletePassiveAuthentication

In other words, how can I fire up a Chrome browser and simulate what Channels is doing to try and determine where the problem is?