Spectrum - TVE - FS Wisconsin

Again I only mentioned Windows version as one of several possibilities. I don't know what's causing your problem, only that others are not experiencing the same issue.

We are not supporting or developing for Windows 7 anymore, so no we don't have a test machine for that OS.

1 Like

So you have a Win 10 machine there. Would you like to try what I suggested via private message? It seems like solving the problem would be a lot more successful if the developer was looking at it directly.

The install on the Win 10 machine on a different connection works, FS wisconsin shows up.

I tested again on a different Win 7 machine locally, and it works fine, too. So it's just the one machine that's having an issue, my primary media server. I wonder if it has something to do with the Ceton pcie card in that machine creating a second virtual network for itself. I found out that I was not able to run Plex on that machine because of the internal Ceton tuner.

Sounds like you're on to something there.
Are you still using the Ceton pci tuner?
If not I would disable the ceton network, which is basically a network bridge between your network card and the ceton card. I think their default installation also sets up the ceton network as a DHCP server.

Thanks. I'm using 6 tuners on it for SageTV (and WMC to some degree). I was considering disabling it, but it's been up for so long I can't remember what impact that might have, and how much fooling it might take to get it enabled once again.

I have another machine here that I will have to run 24/7 for Channels specifically at this point. I hate the thought of running 2 machines full time, but I need Sage as a backup until maybe Channels has more functionality. Channels is really good the way it is today, but without the tuner variety, there is no way for a Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) customer to get all the channels to which they subscribe.

It's close enough to where I could probably make the switch, but I would really miss live comskip on sports events. There's nothing better than having family over for lunch, starting the football game an hour behind, and watching the entire game without ever seeing a commercial - live comskip has been so accurate in that regard that it's quite remarkable, at least for me.

I think you're right. Channels DVR's settings screen even indicates that it's broadcasting on that other Ceton network.

And from what I understand, ceton is old, buggy and is no longer supported.

Yes, that's true. It's always acted strange. I spoke to the developers here about supporting it, and I believe they were on board, but in end I just decided it wasn't worth it and I imagine at this point they would concur.

It would be nice to have some add-ins to support capture devices (for set-top-box capturing), but it's a bit convoluted, difficult to setup, and would take some serious developer resources. Ultimately, linear television from the cable is probably only got 10 or 15 years left I would imagine, or less as they move to gradually implement IPTV.

Thanks to all the folks who posted here for helping narrow down what the problem was. It's nice to have those regional fox sports channels in Channels DVR once again.

2 Likes

Back from the break and now, back to the Sports action... Good job. :+1:

I seem to be missing Fox Sports WI again. Channel 6202 doesn't show up in any of the lineup management screens. Any help would be appreciated.

Those channels are not part of our TVE integration since Bally Sports bought them and made them incompatible.

Oh.

What makes them incompatible? I had thought if there was a live stream on the Internet that could be accessed with a Spectrum login - that met the requirements of compatibility with Channels TVE integration?

They added DRM aka copy protection

Ouch

Is there any way to still have the FS1, FS2, and Big10 channels still shown in the guide? I could then just switch to the Spectrum app. In the scan, there should be an option to toggle them on even if not allowed by the tv provider

Sure, rescan on those channels under spectrum source > manage lineup > scan > scroll down to each channel and rescan. All 3 are supported by TVE with spectrum credentials and play fine in the channels app. No need to launch any outside apps.

It only works if you're at home. It's the same with the Fox Sports app. Does not work remotely. Spectrum app, the channel works remotely. I just tried rescanning, and at least that is how it works for me.

You can use guide stream links to open the spectrum app