Sports Channel Recording Priority

this should be addressed to Kenny I was referring to his example.

@racameron is correct.
You have another pass causing it to record from 6141.

1 Like

I should not have to create a pass to manually record a program. If the current passes going to record the other channel then, Should be able to click on the progam and hit record. But it wants to record from 6141. Should not have to delete other passes to record my desired program on desired network.

I created the same pass you have and yes it shows that. But goto the schedule it has these recording on 6141 not 6140.

What happened to ESPN 6140. The pass just will not show that Channel.

If I click on edit it doesn't give the option to select 6140

You have another pass that's trying to record the same thing, but since the coverage starts earlier on 6141 & 6142 it records from those.

This is the perfect case for my Request so you can click the schedule and see what pass is being used.

2 Likes

That's because the airing on 6140 starts at a different time.

1 Like

If you reread your post you can undestand that 6140 is airing a different version of the game, but it just happens to have the same Title as 6141 and 6142.

6141 and 6142 start airing it 10 minutes before 6140.

EDIT: The airings have the same ID. Problem is multiple passes and time of airings, not that 6140 has a different unique ID for the airing than 6141 and 6142.

The solution is to not to use channels in this case and record on Emby instead.

How do you get the ID for 6140.

I take that back.
They both have the same tms ProgramID.

So if you think of it like this, maybe easier to understand.

You have 2 passes setup to record "The Only Show".
"The Only Show" airs every Tuesday night on 3 different channels.

7:55 PM on channels 6141 and 6142
8:00 PM on channel 6140

You change one of those passes to only record the 8:00 PM airing channel == 6140.
It will never record, because your other pass will record the earlier airing on 6142 or 6141.

1 Like

Looks like I figured this out. I changed the priority of CFP Semifinal pass above Bowl games. It now shows ESPN 6140. Still should not have to setup series pass if I just select the program for recording. Channels should allow to record all channels with the same Title ID or Series ID if set for "tag=new" so recording would now be missed. I just don't like watching games in PIP or thier Skyview broadcast.

1 Like

I think your request is similar to mine: Recording same SeriesID and Tag at two different times on two different channels

At least you figured it out b4 game time!

One of the workarounds you could use to select which airing to record.

Find the passes that are going to record the game, event or episode you want.
Pause those passes.
Go to the grid guide and select the airing on the channel you want it to record.
Select Record and add padding as needed.
Resume your paused passes.

I don't like using this method because if the guide data changes for whatever reason (schedule change, game delay, channel not going to air it, etc.) your manually selected recording won't get updated to match the guide update. You would then have to repeat the process after deleting the manual recording you scheduled.

It's basically like setting a manual recording for a specific date, time, channel and duration and uses the Title of whatever you said to record.