Stereo Pair (Echos) causing glitches

I have a Cube (1st gen) running 6.2.6.8/2315. I'll try that with the echo dot pair next week.

@dubvman Since you're saying it used to work until recently, I can try to undo some recent audio changes in the beta to see if they help you.

You will need to install the beta first, which is a bit complicated on the FireTV. Open the stable Channels DVR app installed from the Amazon Store, go to Settings > Player > Install Channels DVR Beta. A number of prompts will appear, some of which look like they belong on the phone version of Android or with missing styles. Keep hitting continue until finally a new Channels DVR Beta app should be shown in the full apps list with a fuzzy square icon. If you open that app and go to Settings > About, it should show 5.xx.xxxx

Let me know if you can get that to work, and if you see any improvement with sync behavior in that app.

I tried the Beta same result ... on thing I noticed when using the HDHomeRun app the Frame Rate is a steady 59.94 ... when using the Channels DVR both the beta and the Latest ... the Framerate is all over the place dropping as far down as 19FPS sometimes.

I submitted the Player Diagnostics.

I setup a cube2 with an echo dot pair.

Not getting frame drops, but audio sync is way off. Will investigate.

2 Likes

Great thanks for your support.

New beta has been uploaded with a fix for this bug. You will need to click Settings > Player > Support > Install Channels DVR Beta in the main app.

2 Likes

Perfect thank you very much works great .... your support and the support of your team is fantastic.

2 Likes

Yep, working on mine also!! Playback is so much smoother now also. Thank you so much!

While you're reading this, do you have any idea why my guide doesn't list all of my HD channels? I have to keep it on Favorites to show all of my HD channels. If I delete the cache on my device, they'll show up under HD, but eventually they'll disappear again after a few days. Happens on fire tv (stick and cube) and Android TV (mi box). Thanks again for fixing this issue! I can finally start using Channels DVR again, and that's awesome!!

Edit: I think this started happening after adding TVE channels. Is it possible that the software is removing the channel because of duplicate channels? If so, I'll probably end up removing the TVE channels because they show up instead of the actual cable card channels.

Thanks for testing and confirmation its fixed! We'll push a new stable build to the Amazon store in a few days.

In the app settings you can change the priority to make TVE last and it should show the HDHR numbering instead.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again for everything you guys do! You're always on the ball.

2 Likes