Stereo Pair (Echos) causing glitches

When I use a stereo pair of echos connected to the fire TV 4k, it causes glitching, stuttering, and out of sync audio. Anyone else have their fire tv setup with a stereo pair? Would using the fire TV cube be better? It's like the fire TV 4k stick isn't powerful enough to stream the audio to the echos and play content on Channels DVR at the same time. When I turn on "gaming mode" for the audio, it routes the audio to the TV's speakers instead and everything works fine. Anyone have a solution?

I have a similar setup but I have 2 Echo Studios Paired ... but I use the new FireTV Cube and have no problems. I think the FireTVCube is more powerful than the FireTV 4K. I guess I will try to pair one of my FireTV 4K and see if it works for me.

No Problem with the FireTV 4K and the Echo Stereo speakers ... everything plays fine no audio sync issues or stuttering ... From what I read on Amazon the FireTV 4k should have no problem... Is your WFI busy as that is what is used to send sound from the FireTV 4K to the Stereo Pair. I use AC Wireless.

WiFi is okay. I figured out a solution though. I turned decoding from software to hardware and that fixed all my issues. If anyone else has the same issue, give that a try. Thanks for the replies!

Great ... mine was set for Hardware.

So I thought I fixed the issue with the stuttering/out of sync video and audio by switching to hardware decoding, but the issues persisted. I bought the new Fire TV Cube, and so far, it seems to have fixed my issues. I tried Plex on the fire stick 4k and live tv/dvr, and it seemed to do a little better job keeping everything glitch free. I'm guessing the Fire Stick 4k is just a bit underpowered to stream video and also output the audio to the stereo pair at the same time. The new fire tv cube has a little bit better specs and I'm guessing that's why I'm not seeing problems anymore. If anyone else has come across this issue with a 4k stick, please let me know. Maybe we can narrow down the cause.

Funny I had to give up using my New FireTV Cube because it is dropping frames in the Channels DVR APP while paired with my Echo Studios ... I switched to the FireStick 4K and all my problems have gone away.

I'm seeing the same issues now with my fire tv cube. It worked perfectly for one day, and then took a dump on me. There's got to be a memory issue or something if it's working properly on a fresh system. When you switched to the fire stick 4k, was it a fresh install? Is it still working for you?

It is still working ... but I prefer the cube. I just do not understand why Channels DVR is the only one having Problems on the Cube.

The Android APP is the stepchild so do not expect this to be looked at any time soon.

Is your audio sync with stereo pair still working? I can't get Channels to work with stereo pair no matter what my setup is. Fire TV cube isn't working, and neither is my 4k stick. Every app on both devices is in sync except for Channels. Plex live tv works perfectly in sync, and honestly the video playback is more smooth in Plex now. I really don't want to give up on Channels because it's been perfect for me thus far, but this is one issue that I can't really concede on. My tv on a shared bedroom wall in a condo, and I have to use the echo pair so I don't disturb my neighbor while watching tv late at night. I reset my fire stick one time and the sync was good, but within two days it was very out of sync. I'm not sure what's going on with it.

Does this only happen with two echo studios? It's not really practical for me to buy $400 worth of speakers to try to reproduce this bug..

For audio sync we rely on the OS audio api telling us how much audio has been played. If that's not accurate then there will be frame drops and loss of sync.

My Pair of ECHO Studios is out of sync when using Channels DVR on the newer FireTV Cube .... but they work great on my FireStick 4K.

Okay, so:

FireTV Stick 4K + tv audio = fine
FireTV Stick 4K + echo studio = fine
FireTV Cube 2 + tv audio = ???
FireTV Cube 2 + echo studio = out of sync

Does the same problem happen if you only pair one echo instead of two?

Do you have to use echo studio or does any echo work?

FireTV Stick 4k + TV audio = fine
FireTV Stick 4k + echo stereo pair = out of sync (for me)
FireTV Cube 2 + TV audio = fine
FireTV Cube 2 + echo stereo pair = out of sync (for me)

You can use two echo dots (3rd gen), two regular echoes (2nd or 3rd gen), or two echo studios. They must be the same device however. You can't mix a dot with a regular echo.

1 Like

FireTV Cube 2 TV Audio is fine no dropped frames on echo Studios it drops frames.
I will test with just one and post back.

Even using just one Echo Studio it is still out of Sync Channels DVR dropping frames ... all other APPS play fine including HDHomeRun APP.

With just a single echo its still in sync?

Can you post the FireOS versions installed on the stick and cube?

FireTV Cube is Fire OS 7.2.12
FireTV 4K is Fire OS 6.2.7.1

Thank you! I'll try to find two dots and see if I can reproduce it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!