Streaming issues

What firmware version are you running? Check http://my.hdhomerun.com for any updates

Usually HDHR devices are very stable and shouldn’t need a reboot. If you’re having issues you may want to work with [email protected] so they can get to the bottom of it and fix it in a firmware update. The original stock firmware on the new CONNECTs had some issues but they should all be resolved now afaik.

I’m on the latest version (Firmware: 20180327). It’s only happened once or twice so can’t easily recreate the issue, but will contact SD next time it happens.

I had the issue again last night, affecting both Live TV and a recording from earlier in the day. I thought it was the HDHomeRun device, but on trying them again this morning - without a reboot - it seemed fine.

Here’s the Apple TV log from last night and this morning.

There’s no errors in the SD or DVR logs. I’m on Channels v3.2 on Apple TV 6.2 v11.4.1 (Build 15M73) and DVR v2018.07.01.1750

The log shows heavy stream corruption which happens when there’s signal loss, either at the antenna or over the network.

I would check the tuner status on my.hdhomerun.com to see what the signal quality and strength numbers say when you see the issue.

I think the HDHR was showing Signal Strength 85%, Signal Quality 100%, Symbol Quality 100%. We’d been watching a recording for an hour before this happened without any problems. The only thing I noticed was that the DVR was running a commercial scan on a recently completed recording.

I’m assuming the Synology should be OK for doing both tasks at the same time. Given we were watching recordings I assume the HDHR signal wouldn’t have been the issue?

So the same recording having issues before plays fine now, in the spot that was not working earlier?

Yes, seems to be fine.

Just for comparison, here’s the log whilst watching about five minutes just now that was unplayable last night. There seem to be some errors in the log but it didn’t have any effect on playback.