StreamLinks for dummies?

Ok, I must be doing something wrong:
I created Following Folder
D:\Channels\Imports\TV\DisneyPlus
Inside of that I created 0x00.strmlnk - NOT .strmlnk.txt
The contents of that file is:

Refreshed content, but I cannot find Disney anywhere?
So what am I doing wrong?

You directory structure is wrong. Just like imported content, streamlink files need to be in an additional directory matching the series name (DisneyPlus/Show/1x01.strmlnk)

Hmm, I followed this:

Try following the official documentation.

1 Like

If you are using the "Imports" folder that is part of Channels default structure, then you don't need to add it as local content; Channels scans those folders automatically. If you are following that other post, the import folder should be the TV path, not the DisneyPlus path.

(And as Jon stated above, your best bet is to consult the official documentation.)

Like this:

If you are using TV, you still need a show directory. If you are using "Movie", you can put whatever you want in there. I'd recommend using "Video" and creating a folder called "Apps" and putting it in there.

To be clear, what you are doing is not a supported feature. Stream Links are to bring you directly to a program, not to the generic launch page. What you are describing is a hack workaround to get to the app without going anywhere. I'm not sure why you want to do that and still have to navigate around in the app instead of just having a single interface in Channels, but to each their own, I suppose!

1 Like