Stuttering on ATV watching live TV without EXTEND transcoding

Thanks for the logs. It's showing something very unusual. Can you capture a video sample and email it to us.

How do I capture a video sample ? Sign up for a free month of DVR ?

I provided instructions in the link above

woops.. just saw it. Ill try to get you a sample later tonight. Apologies for the delay.

HEre are 2 samples from different channels

@tmm1 Let me know if you got those. Thanks.

Here is a file from today. https://we.tl/t-T29lutzF8b

Thanks, I have downloaded all three files and will do some testing tomorrow.

I'm also sending you a testflight invite so you can try the beta app to see if our video player upgrade improved anything.

Hey bud. I got the invite but that is for the DVR - i dont have a DVR - do you recommend signing up for a trial ?

Hmm, sorry I forgot the beta only works if you have DVR. You can sign up for the trial if you're interested in trying it out, but you would need to install the DVR server on a PC/NAS as well.

OK .. let me try that for a week or so.

I just set up an a trial DVR account - no noticeable change in the performance with the Beta app.

Can you submit diagnostics from the beta app

just submitted diagnostics. HDHR 10531e46

Does changing Surround Sound in the app to Off make any difference?

What about changing Audio Driver to Experimental

Just submitted another log with both flags as you indicated (Surround off, Audio Experimental) .

What is interesting is that the first time I flipped them, the issues stopped. Then i tried to narrow them down to which flag might be causing it and now doesn't matter what option combination I choose between those two, the stuttering is there.

BTW, here is the speed test on the device.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Stuttering issues after tvOS 13

Hey @tmm1 let me know if you need anything else from me.
Appreciate the help.

Your logs show frame dropping which is unexpected. I tried your samples on my ATV4 and didn't see the issue. I will need to pick up another ATV4K for my office to test on there.

I just tried on my living room ATV4K and I'm not seeing the same framedrop issue in the logs that shows up on your device.

Can you try updating your ATV4K to tvOS 13 if you haven't done so already?