Tag "New" airings in Guide & everywhere

Would be great if programs on the Guide & other sections such as "On Now" would have a little tag that marks it as "New".

Many modern guides do this, and Channels DVR already has the data needed for this feature: First Air Date currently displays under the program title and above the description. If this date & time is current or in the future, simply display a "New" tag.

Yea, this would be helpful. There are plenty times I tune into a channel and can't figure out if the program is a new airing or not.

Items are tagged as New across the entire UI. In the guide, while watching it, in the library, etc.

Pretty much the only place it's not shown is in On Now, as you mentioned, due to there not really being a proper place to even present the information. But your feedback is noted.

They're not in the info when watching the channel. Seems like an oversight. I would think all the tags in the bottom picture should be in the top so viewable when channel surfing.

They don’t show for recordings. New or not new isn’t really considered to be that important if it’s in your library.

It's not showing in live either (see below) but is useful in both situations and for consistency should be in all info. This is the Android client.

Yah, we’ll check it out for live TV. That seems wrong. You’re right.

1 Like

One more follow up. When time shifting, sometimes I'll click into a program that is 10-15 minutes behind live. So it's useful for recordings too because when I start watching, it's technically live but I'm just a bit behind. So I would recommend the tags be on recordings also. They are still useful.

Any time table on when this might be addressed? I would think this is a simple change.