Temporarily missing guide data (UK)

I have had a few instances recently where there are gaps of several hours in the guide data for several (but not all) channels. For example tonight I noticed that there were 4 channels with large gaps on the schedule for tomorrow night. When I went to the settings page and clicked on the ‘refresh’ icon for my tuners, the missing guide data showed up. This happened several times last week too and on one occasion I missed a recording because of it.

Is there any reason why the daily guide data updates are sometimes missing this data out, when it loads correctly on a manual refresh? Seems unlikely that the guide data for tomorrow night was actually missing when this morning’s daily automatic guide data refresh ran.

Is there anything I can send you from the logs that could help work out what is going on here?

Thanks,
Jon

Check the logs that correspond to the time slot where there was missing data, and compare to the log messages before and after

Thanks. Where can I find the full logs? Logs link in the web UI goes back only an hour or so and Logs folder within Channels DVR folder doesn’t contain any files outside the com skip sub-directory?

You can view the full log by clicking the TV icon in the mac menu bar (up near where the clock is), and selecting View Log.

I noticed in a log I got from someone else in the UK it had messages like “Error fetching guide data” and “504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT”. Please confirm you see the same thing, and it maps to the timeslot that’s missing data.

Yes. I had this error again today. The error in the log from this morning’s guide update looks like the below and does indeed map to the time slot where there was a gap in the guide. Interestingly every time I’ve seen this, when I click the refresh button on the tuner in the settings page it then loads the guide data without any issues.

Error fetching guide data: invalid response for /lineups/GBR-0001204-DEFAULT: 504 GATEWAY_TIMEOUT

Thanks for confirming. We saw similar issues when we first launched the DVR in the US… I think it has to do with the time of day at which we hit our guide provider’s servers.

For the next build, I’ve changed the DVR to download guide data in the UK between 4-6am. This should help.

I’m also looking into catching these errors and retrying the download.

The timing change has been released in v2017.04.26.2040. Let me know if you see the issue again later this week.

Thanks Aman. Early indications are good as my server automatically updated at just after midnight then loaded new guide data at 0415 with no errors. I will keep an eye on it.

1 Like

Another new build is out with retries on guide data failures. Let me know if you notice any more issues.

This has been working perfectly since the time slot switch for guide updates. I’ve kept an eye on the logs and it’s not yet had to resort to retrying.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi I have noticed this today

Please provide more details such as any errors listed in the logs.