Time askew

Of late, at apparently random times, I find the guide is missing many but not all entries; and those that appear are off schedule by 2 hours. Or on the web page times line up but the guide is mostly blank from now till 2h from now.
The server time and time zone is correct; I tried manually setting them even though already correct, no change. The clients time zone and time are correct on all clients I checked (AppleTV, androidTV, web page). I tried restarting the server. Nothing seems to correct this, though some time later it appears to have resolved. But later or the next day, the issue returns.
Not sure where to look now. This is causing recordings to be missed too. What can I supply to help the community diagnose this?

1 Like

Are any sources using an m3u with the tvg-shift= parameter?

no, this is the cable guide (FiOS) not an m3u

1 Like

I know cable has a LOT of channels, but is it blank for every channel, or just some on the web UI grid guide?

Maybe post a screenshot of the web UI grid guide showing what you're seeing.

Can't think of what would cause that. If the server couldn't get guide data one day, it would fill it in the next day. In that case you would have to examine the log at the daily guide refresh times to see if it grabbed every 6 hour block for 16 days.

The guide usually isn't completely blank, but the blank entries start at "now" and extend until a new show starts (generally) 2 hours from " now". At the moment the guide is more or less complete for the cable channels but the blanks are showing up in the TVE /m3u range as shown here. The guide is also very slow to refresh, the browser complains (do you want to wait for this page?). I'm at a loss. Contemplating full wipe, restore and reinstall of CDVR :grimacing:

I wouldn't do that. The devs may want you to submit diagnostics and/or try some things first to get to the root of the problem. Could be a corrupted database or index that could be fixed by following their instructions.

If it were me and I was impatient, I would delete and recreate the guide database first.

yes, did both the full refresh then the delete and recreate, neither seemed to have made any difference. OK before trying the nuclear option maybe I'll cut down the providers list to reduce the number of entries &c, then delete and recreate.

1 Like

Thought you said it was only Fios?

Noticed the first 4 channels on your grid don't display the channel name or channel number.
Is that a recent bug, or something you did?

My grid guide displays them
Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 10-31-26 Channels Guide

yeah non-display of channel # is a symptom of the problem, sometimes it shows as the latter ones in the screenshot do. The issue occurs on both the cable channels and the TVE channels, with no pattern I can discern so far. It's almost like the guide for the channel just doesn't exist before the next 2h, can't click on the icon to see Up Next or anything.
I've done rescans of the channels and that doesn't seem to make any difference.
Edit: did Reload M3U on the provider (Samsung TV) and now there are no blank entries. Related? Maybe, will try again when next that happens.

What do the settings look like for your Samsung source.
Might be something in the m3u for that source that Channels DVR is choking on.

1 Like

Is that m3u using channel-id? May be a conflict/overlap with TVE ids

tmm1: It does use a channel-id. From what little I understand about how these work, it would always not work, no? Whereas what I'm seeing is kind of consistently inconsistent. Sample entry:
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="samsung-ATBA33000209C" tvg-id="ATBA33000209C" tvg-logo="https://tvpnlogopeu.samsungcloud.tv/platform/image/sourcelogo/vc/00/02/34/ATBA33000209C_20231025T032731SQUARE.png_20231025032731.png" tvg-chno="4138" group-title="Austria" , Comedy & Shows
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/ATBA33000209C.m3u8
chDVRuser: this what the settings are:

Other than the fact that's 1,530 channels I don't see a problem, but I think that's too many.
Can you get by using
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.m3u8
https://i.mjh.nz/SamsungTVPlus/us.xml.gz

May also be related to these South Korean channels in the playlist, not sure.

Animax ๋ฐ˜์ง€์˜ ๋น„๋ฐ€์ผ๊ธฐ
Animax ํ•˜์ดํ!!
ch.ํ•‘ํฌํ
E์ฑ„๋„ ํ† ์š”์ผ์€ ๋ฐฅ์ด ์ข‹์•„
iHQ ๋ˆ์ญ๋‚ด๋Ÿฌ ์™”์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค
JTBC ๊ณจํ”„
JTBC ๊ดด๋ฌผ
JTBC ๋‰ด์Šค
JTBC ๋น„๊ธด์–ด๊ฒŒ์ธ
JTBC ์ตœ๊ฐ•์•ผ๊ตฌ
JTBC ํฌ๋ผ์ž„์”ฌ
JTBC ํ†กํŒŒ์›25์‹œ
JTBC ํ’ˆ์œ„์žˆ๋Š” ๊ทธ๋…€
JTBC ํšจ๋ฆฌ๋„ค ๋ฏผ๋ฐ• ์‹œ์ฆŒ1
JTBC ํž˜์Žˆ์—ฌ์ž ๋„๋ด‰์ˆœ
KBS 1๋ฐ•2์ผ ์‹œ์ฆŒ1
KBS Joy ๋ฌด์—‡์ด๋“  ๋ฌผ์–ด๋ณด์‚ด
KBS Joy ์—ฐ์• ์˜ ์ฐธ๊ฒฌ
KBS ๊ฐœ๋Š” ํ›Œ๋ฅญํ•˜๋‹ค
KBS ์ •๋„์ „
MBC every1 ๋ณ„์ˆœ๊ฒ€
MBC every1 ์–ด์„œ์™€ ํ•œ๊ตญ์€ ์ฒ˜์Œ์ด์ง€?
MBC ๊ฑฐ์นจ์—†์ด ํ•˜์ดํ‚ฅ
MBC ๋‚˜๋Š” ๊ฐ€์ˆ˜๋‹ค
MBC ๋‚˜ํ˜ผ์ž์‚ฐ๋‹ค
MBC ๋ˆ๊ฝƒ
MBC ๋ฌดํ•œ๋„์ „
MBC ์„ ์„ ๋„˜๋Š” ๋…€์„๋“ค
MBC ์‹ฌ์•ผ๊ดด๋‹ดํšŒ
MBC ์•ˆ์‹ธ์šฐ๋ฉด ๋‹คํ–‰์ด์•ผ
MBC ์˜ท์†Œ๋งค ๋ถ‰์€๋๋™
MBC ์ง€๋ถ•๋šซ๊ณ  ํ•˜์ดํ‚ฅ
MBN ๋‚˜๋Š” ์ž์—ฐ์ธ์ด๋‹ค
MBN ๋Œ์‹ฑ๊ธ€์ฆˆ
MBN ์†ํ’€์ด์‡ผ ๋™์น˜๋ฏธ
MBN ํœด๋จผ๋‹คํ ์‚ฌ๋…ธ๋ผ๋ฉด
Mnet ์ŠคํŠธ๋ฆฟ ์šฐ๋จผ ํŒŒ์ดํ„ฐ 2 HOT CLIP
Mnet ์ŠคํŠธ๋ฆฟ ์šฐ๋จผ ํŒŒ์ดํ„ฐ
OGN ์Šคํƒ€๋ฆฌ๊ทธ
PLAYY ์˜ํ™”
PLAYY ํฌ๋ฆฌ์Šค๋งˆ์Šค ํŠน์ง‘
SBS TV ๋™๋ฌผ๋†์žฅ
SBS ๊ถ๊ธˆํ•œ ์ด์•ผ๊ธฐ Y
SBS ๊ทธ๊ฒƒ์ด ์•Œ๊ณ ์‹ถ๋‹ค
SBS ๋‚˜๋Š” ์†”๋กœ
SBS ๋™์ƒ์ด๋ชฝ2 - ๋„ˆ๋Š” ๋‚ด ์šด๋ช…
SBS ๋Ÿฐ๋‹๋งจ
SBS ๋ฏธ์šด ์šฐ๋ฆฌ ์ƒˆ๋ผ
SBS ๋ฐฑ์ข…์›์˜ ๊ณจ๋ชฉ์‹๋‹น
SBS ๋ถˆํƒ€๋Š” ์ฒญ์ถ˜
SBS ๋นฝ๋“œ
SBS ์ƒํ™œ์˜ ๋‹ฌ์ธ
SBS ์ˆœ๊ฐ„ํฌ์ฐฉ ์„ธ์ƒ์— ์ด๋Ÿฐ์ผ์ด
SBS ์ˆœํ’์‚ฐ๋ถ€์ธ๊ณผ
SBS ์Šคํ† ๋ธŒ๋ฆฌ๊ทธ
SBS ์ •๊ธ€์˜ ๋ฒ•์น™
SBS ํŒจ๋ฐ€๋ฆฌ๊ฐ€ ๋–ด๋‹ค
SBS ํŽœํŠธํ•˜์šฐ์Šค
SBS ํŽธ์˜์  ์ƒ›๋ณ„์ด
TV CHOSUN ๊ตญ๊ฐ€๊ฐ€ ๋ถ€๋ฅธ๋‹ค
TV CHOSUN ์‹๊ฐ ํ—ˆ์˜๋งŒ์˜ ๋ฐฑ๋ฐ˜๊ธฐํ–‰
tvN ๋Œ€ํƒˆ์ถœ3
tvN ๋” ์ง€๋‹ˆ์–ด์Šค: ๊ทธ๋žœ๋“œ ํŒŒ์ด๋„
tvN ๋ฏธ์Šคํ„ฐ ์…˜์ƒค์ธ
tvN ์‚ฌ๋ž‘์˜ ๋ถˆ์‹œ์ฐฉ
tvN ์œ  ํ€ด์ฆˆ ์˜จ ๋” ๋ธ”๋Ÿญ HOT CLIP
tvN ํ™˜ํ˜ผ
TV์กฐ์„  ๊ณจํ”„์™•
TV์กฐ์„  ๋ฏธ์Šคํ„ฐํŠธ๋กฏ ์˜์›…์˜ ํƒ„์ƒ
TV์กฐ์„  ์šฐ๋ฆฌ ์ดํ˜ผํ–ˆ์–ด์š”
๊ณ ๋…ํ•œ ๋ฏธ์‹๊ฐ€
๊ธ€๋กœ๋ฒŒ ๋‰ด์Šค by LeadStory
๋„๋ผ๋งˆ์ฝ”๋ฆฌ์•„
๋กœ๋ณด์นดํด๋ฆฌ TV
๋ง›์žˆ๋Š” ๋…€์„๋“ค
๋ฝ€์š”TV
์‚ฌํ”ผ์—”์Šค์ŠคํŠœ๋””์˜ค
์‹ฌ๋ฆฌ ์ฝ์–ด๋“œ๋ฆฝ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค
์”จ๋„ค21+
์—ญ์‚ฌ ์ฝ์–ด๋“œ๋ฆฝ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค
์—ฐํ•ฉ๋‰ด์ŠคTV
์šฐ๋ฆฌ์˜์‹ํƒ
์ธํฌ๋ฒจ ํ™ˆ์‡ผํ•‘
์ „์šฐ์น˜
์ฑ„๋„A ๋‚˜๋งŒ ๋ฏฟ๊ณ  ๋”ฐ๋ผ์™€ ๋„์‹œ์–ด๋ถ€
์ฑ„๋„A ์š”์ฆ˜ ์œก์•„ ๊ธˆ์ชฝ๊ฐ™์€ ๋‚ด์ƒˆ๋ผ
์ฑ„๋„A ์ด์ œ ๋งŒ๋‚˜๋Ÿฌ ๊ฐ‘๋‹ˆ๋‹ค
์ดˆ๋ก๋ฑ€๋ฏธ๋””์–ด K-STAR ๊ณจํ”„
์ฝ”์ฝ”๋น„TV
ํ˜„๋Œ€ํ™ˆ์‡ผํ•‘+Shop
ํ˜„๋Œ€ํ™ˆ์‡ผํ•‘

I'll try that. Was only loading the first 750 of the 1530 channels anyway.

1 Like

Still a problem. The shot below shows what the web guide looks like. When I pick a show that has an entry at the current time, it displays the option to record it but not watch. This is so weird in that everything has been working fine for months if not years, and this just started very recently. Still looking for ideas.
Edit: just did a guide reload, which didn't improve anything. Nor did a restart of the server.

Did you do a Delete and Recreate Guide Database
Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 12-23-58 Channels Settings

What do the time headers at the top of the guide look like? From you screenshots, it looks like it is properly loading the guide, just that it is not displaying it for anything prior to a certain time. (Perhaps related to TZ differences of the server?)