This is similar to a post Sleepy just created - I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what this product actually IS and how it would work (for me).
So, let me lay out where I am at now:
- I have a ~25mps network connection to the 'net. Yeah, I know - it's not great. But it's the best I have.
- Internally within my house I have Cat6 running on a gig switch. I also have wireless for those devices that do not have a ethernet port.
--> This means devices WITHIN my house, everything can talk to everything else at either gig speeds, or whatever speed I'm getting from the 5G wireless. All of those devices talk to the outside world at the somewhat sucky 25mps network feed.
I DO have an older PC laying around not being used. I think it'll even run Win10.
As for TV service -
- We discontinued our DirecTV contract about 6 months ago. Never going back.
- OTA antenna coverage sucks.
- I have a Firestick directly plugged into HDMI2 port of my TV - all streaming is through that.
- For the channels I want to watch, I figured out that having a combination of either Hulu + Philo or Youtube.TV + Philo covers everything we want (thank you https://www.suppose.tv/tv)
CURRENTLY I am using Youtube.TV+Philo because YTTV's guide is 100x better (it lets me hide channels I don't want to see and rearrange those I do into an order that makes sense to me). TTTV gets 1 channel I want that Hulu doesn't (MLBnetwork). Hulu doesn't offer anything I want over TYYV, but is $5 cheaper/mo.
Things I do not like about my current situation:
- I'm not happy with the DVR abilities of either YTTV or Philo
- It is extremely annoying to have to switch from TTV back to Philo. I would REALLY like a combined guide...
So.... What can Channels do for me?