Trying To Get Channels Working Outside Home Network

So I switched to T-Mobile Home Internet and I have no problems with it other than I can no longer reach my channels dvr outside the home network as it has no port forwarding on it. I am using my own Netgear Orbi mesh system connected to the T-Mobile 5G router but they don't allow the T-Mobile router to be put in bridge mode or really any options for that matter. I was able to setup port forwarding before on the Netgear and Channels worked fine outside my home network when I had Spectrum because it wasn't a router just modem. My question is if anyone knows how I could possibly get around this problem now to be able to watch Channels outside my home network again? I am a pretty smart guy but I'm no network expert by any means so I'm kinda lost on what I would need to do.

This has been discussed recently and I think there were some options given. If you search the forums for t-mobile I think you’ll find it.

1 Like

CGNAT does not support remote access. One alternative is using Tailscale

I am completely lost in trying to find a solution so I went the easy route. So for anyone who is challenged when it comes to this stuff do what I did if you are running Channels DVR on Windows. I signed up for PrivateVPN which allows automatic port forwarding and installed the windows app and then had to add it to my windows 10 firewall as allowed as I didn't get the prompt to add it. Then I launched the settings on Channels DVR and turned off then on remote access and tried it on my cell network and boom it took me to the allow access page and then it connected to Channels and I was streaming my Channels DVR as before. I then tried using my phone as a hotspot and connected the Firetv to the hotspot and tried Channels dvr and after doing the pass code sign in it loaded and worked perfectly. It's a easy no mess way to get remote access with T-Mobile Home Internet and it's even on demand so I don't have to run the VPN unless I know I want to use Channels remotely.

https://ngrok.com/ could probably be used as well. They have no bandwidth limits in their free plan :wink: