Tuner is not always seen on the network

Hey, checking on here if anyone has a hot fix for the Channels app not finding the tuner on the network while other apps have no issue. And to compound the problem, the “add tuner manually” feature does not allow the proper keys to be entered. I get to the “.168” portion of my internal address and the dialog box does not allow another “.” to separate the address.

This occurs on a new Fire TV pendant running 6.2.1.2 with Channels running 1.0.17.

Another thing to note, the Fire TV shuts down fully when my TV shuts off, and I’ve noticed that after about 15-20 minutes after the TV is turned on Channels eventually finds the HDHomeRun after running the “Scan network for my tuner” option (most of the time).

Any help, or empathy would be greatly appreciated.

Yuck, that’s a bug. Will fix for the next version.

Once you’re able to enter the IP successfully, the app should remember that IP the next time and be able to find it more reliably.

1 Like

You want screen shots or video?

Btw, you guys have killer customer service.

Looks like even though the FireTV input dialog doesn’t show the dots when you enter them, they are actually being entered. So try typing your IP and hit next, and then you should see it with the dots as expected in the app’s input box.

LMK if adding the IP makes it appear more reliably.

Did this get any better after adding the IP address?

So I can now input the IP fine, but nothing happens. I click “add tuner” and nothing happens. When I back out of the pop-up, nothing happens and it still can’t find the tuner for about 10-20 minutes.