TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Problem is still occurring on both my Shield and my MI Box. I cleared cache and data on the Shield with no results.

I noticed it's worse than I thought, the logos are not even appearing on the "on now" screen. This is somewhat frustrating because you don't know which channel is which.

Can you submit diagnostics after a fresh boot that shows the issue?

1 Like

I rebooted the Shield and submitted diagnostics just a few minutes ago.

Thanks.

Your credentials are stored locally on the computer... instead of the cloud like in Fitzy or TV Everywhere apps. So if something happened locally on the computer, it would effect Channels DVR capability to authenticate to streams, but not the other cloud based services (at least to my understanding).

Have you tried removing the source, and re-adding it to regenerate the credentials?

Question regarding additions to TVE channels:

If/when Channels adds new/additional networks to the TVE lineup, will the server authenticate for the new channel(s) and add them to the lineup, or will the TVE source have to be re-added for the channels to be rescanned?

1 Like

TV Everywhere out of BETA?
I noticed the pinned topic "NEW: TV Everywhere Support (BETA)" is now unpinned

Has nothing to do with what's stored on my computer. Just used my parents Xfinity login, everything is fine

I'm seeing the logos today.

Has anything changed?

I could be wrong. I was just thinking maybe the actual credential file (cert?) on the computer might have gotten corrupted during the reboot.

When you add a new source, I assume it makes a new file (like with Xfinity). So I thought maybe if you removed Spectrum from your sources, and re-added it to recreate that file...maybe it would start working again.

I found there was one time when my Cable ONE seemed to have lost channels. I removed it completely, and re-added it. Then haven't had an issue since.

I am still getting access through TNT, TBS and NAT GEO through Spectrum and I'm automatically logged into the websites directly. I think it's the Channels process. All 160 channels take about a minute.

Okay, this is odd... the logos for the cable channels came back but I hadn't noticed the logos for the TVE channels are now missing.

This is due to a race condition- the problem happens some times and not others.

With the latest DVR server pre-release, it should be fixed for good.

The latest pre-release now has an Edit button in the TVE channel listing where you can retry failed authentications or authenticate to newly added channels.

23%20PM 29%20PM

Okay, I also noticed it "forgot" all my hidden channels in the Android Client for the TVE channels. Have to reset them up.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks!

When you posted about how certain providers work, you mentioned HTC Digital. Which "HTC Digital" is that?

Xfinity TVE and TENNIS Channel anyone?

Anyone getting TENNIS Channel with Xfinity TVE?

Mine says login not supported even though it's in my subscribed tier.

Maybe this is another Xfinity channel not supported by TVE.

Does it work on https://tennischanneleverywhere.com/watchnow/tennischanneleverywhere-mvpd

HTC Digital: http://www.htcinc.net/digital-cable/tv-everywhere

No,

Asks me to sign in with my provider but doesn't list xfinity or comcast as a provider.

Don't really care as I can get it from my HDHR PRIME, but it's listed as being available and not excluded from Xfinity on your sticky post about TVE.

What channels do I get with TVE that I don't already have with my PRIME?

Is there a quick way to tell which of the 123 channels I really get with my TVE (160 channels) source, that I don't get with my HDHR PRIME?

My TVE Source says 160 channels, but after subtracting 37 channels that I either don't subscribe to, are not supported by my provider, are duplicates (East vs West feeds) or no guide data available, I'm left with 123 channels.

160 Channels
-17 channels are not supported by Xfinity for TVE login
-6 channels are duplicates of the same channel in another timezone unavailable to me
-7 channels are not in my lineup
-7 channels are not mapped and have no guide data
=123 Channels

The only way I can think of is to match up the stationId's, but that's a lot of work doing that since each Source (PRIME/TVE) has different call signs/channel names and they're not easy to match up.