TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

This is incredibly awesome. Works like a charm so far. I have 2 EXTENDS and a QUATRO using a Mac mini as my server and watching on an Apple TV4K. Awesome, thanks so much as we really miss the HDHOMERUN Premium service, but with Direct TV NOW I have 114 more channels in the Channels app.

KUDOS and many thanks!

1 Like

I have DTVN (original) and only have 124 Channels (you have 144). I am mainly missing CNN, FOX News, FOX Business. Are you getting those in you area? Just wondering which extra 20 you are getting. I am mainly missing 6030-6038 (and the FOX) that I get with PS Vue. I am currently using multiple streaming services to get all of the channels I normally get with just DTVN in the native App. Similar issue with Hulu Live TV

This is not the fault of Channels but the restriction of DTVN (and Hulu) credential access to web content.

My mistake. 144 is a Typo... I actually get 114.

So now you have more than me. :slight_smile:

The latest update gave me access to a bunch of shopping channels like QVC and HSN. The wife loves it. Maybe not on your list yet.

I have those and a bunch of useless sports channels... :slight_smile:

Those that are using Philo (43 or 56 channels). Are you getting most of the available channels? I have DTVN and it is missing a number of channels because the DTVN credentials are not supported. I added to PS Vue which works better.
Examples:
TV Land
Hallmark Drama

I would like UpTV but they do not have web access that supports credentials that I could find.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Apple TV not finding correct DVR

@d21mike I have Philo and I get TV Land... also get a second Hallmark channel although admittedly I don’t know if its the one you are describing or not (haven’t watched it yet). This is with a new Philo account so it is the 56 channel version ($20/mo + taxes).

I subscribed to Philo ($20 / 56) a while back before dropping it. It has 3 Hallmark Channels (main one plus Movies/Mysteries and Drama). My Directv Now only gets the main Hallmark Channel. But my TVE is getting that plus the Movies/Mysteries Channel (which I should be getting anyway). Looks like with TVE you always get those 2. Just wonder if you got Drama with Philo but looks like NO.

Just upgraded to Att unlimited cell service. They give you 30 free Channels, most have tv everywhere access. Ironically not from Warner tv which they now own. Had to use Direc tv now as a provider.

You are correct. The Philo service provides 3 Hallmark channels, but the Hallmark Everywhere website only provides access to 2 (no drama).

I wish A&E worked. I want to watch Live PD.

Anybody know about A&E working with TV Everywhere?

They don’t send a live stream

1 Like

Xfinity channels “Chrom_Auth_Timed_out” after I updated to most recent version.

Most of the channels on X-TVE from Xfinity are now giving an Auth_Timed_out error.

Do I have t delete the X-TVE source and redo it? Or, is there other problems.?

Also, every time I try to watch one of those channels I get an Xfinity 2 factor Auth text to my phone.

It has been mentioned before that TVE will not work with 2FA accounts. You must either disable 2FA on your account, or use a subaccount, to use TVE with Channels.

It’s odd. TVE was working just fine over the weekend even with 2 factor.

I’m a DirectTV Now subscriber. Was looking forward to watching today’s World Cup soccer match vs Spain. I was at work and had watched previous matches on my pc just by logging into there site. Today the video stream would not load, kept getting errors. So I logged into my NAS at home through channels and was able to watch the game. Weird that I could watch it via channels and tv everywhere, but not directly on the DirectTVnow site. Anyway, much thanks to the developers for adding tv everywhere

Just to note, the game was on FS1 so I would not have been able to see it just with channels and my hd homerun

Build 2019.06.24.0043 seems to work MUCH better with stalling issues I was seeing during commercials, CPU utilization is much better too.

2 Likes

So I have one channel that isn't on TVE. Spectrum SportsNet. I've been using channels through the internet from my other home that has non-DRM channels. It does take a while to start watching and seeking so I was thinking I could have most of the channels through TVE and using an antenna for local channels. That way most everything I watch is streamed locally. Except for that one channel. Is there a way to have two separate Channels DVR instances? One remote and one local? Cable where I do live has DRM on pretty much every single channel.