TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

I am missing HGTV, and The Food Network. Are they not on TV Everywhere?

This has worked so much better than I thought. DVR is working great on these channels...along with commercial skip. The picture is great.. much better than expected on ESPN.

I just subscribed to the Channels DVR just to try this (was just using Plex before), and will continue to be a subscriber. I love that I can record these channels locally now and have them in one interface with my antenna.

Awesome feature!

4 Likes

how does TVE handle the authenticated token expiration? i know that my provider makes me log back in every month on the standalone TVE apps and on Fitzy TV but not ESPN. will we have to go back and redo the setup?

Also, hardware transcoding? is there an option i should see to turn it on? i know i have it, Plex on the same machine uses it.

thanks.

It is handled automatically by Channels DVR. You don't need to worry about it and the dvr won't miss any recordings.

Yes there is a transcoder setting on the dvr web UI. If you don't see it email [email protected] for help.

1 Like

I re-added my PSVue account, and I have HGTV now.
Thank you, this is a great new feature!

Yes. See our post in the TVE announcement:

I know I already commented about how awesome I think this is, but I wanted to say it again. Since last night I have set up a lot of recordings. Partially just to test but there are also a lot of showings of Futurama that I am recording because I used to love that show and now I can have them locally!

Anyway, so far I have perused through a few of the recordings and the picture quality is above what I expected.

While I don't generally watch Live TV I have put it on to test it out and I haven't seen any buffering issues or frame drops and weirdness so far. It's just been working.

Nice job devs! Keep it up! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

2 Likes

I noticed today when I updated to the last DVR Version that my count of PS Vue when from 89 to 104 (not sure when). And the count of DTVN when from 79 to 94. I believe those are the numbers.

My question. Is this automatic or do we have to do anything for it to scan for new channels. Was it tied to an update of the software? If we have to do anything it wold be nice if we can have a SCAN for more channels option.

Very impressed so far. Some incorrect guide data for a TVE shows, but otherwise working well.

I wonder, would Channels be able to help track data usage? Perhaps a usage monitor in the settings tab? This is so seamless I could easily see blowing through my data cap without even realizing it, especially since I've using both Prime abs TVE and wouldn't really know what's coming from where.

Please email us with a list so we can fix it.

I also noticed additional channels show up just a few hours ago. The notable ones were all of the NBC Sports channels (NBCSN, Olympics channel, and NBCSN regionals).

Any plans to add support for Philo logins?

No. Philo doesn't have username/password so there's no way for us to integrate it automatically.

I'm hesitant to post this here, so devs please relocate if you feel it is unrelated:

Was going through new TVE channels in the iOS app and noticed a couple of TNT channels. I wanted to compare to my PRIME TNT channel, but didn't find it in the guide. Strange. I go to the settings source PRIME channels list and there it is in the list. I then adjusted priority moving PRIME above TVE (still within iOS settings). Once I did that, suddenly the channel appeared in the channel guide.

When I had Philo I could login with either my phone number or email address. But someone said they used text message or something which was maybe tour issue. Too bad because they have a nice subset of channels.

Of course no idea how many TVE would allow their logon.

i suspect that Channels had not downloaded the guide data yet for the new channel. Maybe clicking the "refresh" icon next to the TVE source would have fixed it too.

The TNT channel coming from my HDHR PRIME isn't new. I don't know when it disappeared from the guide.

Getting same AS- channels with Xfinity

I noticed that if you have the prime as your favored upermost tuner on the client then if you have duplicate channels in tve you will not see the tve channels in the guide same thing happens if you set tve as highest priority. What i did on the server set tve at highest priority.
Ex. Tnt fs1 etc...

1 Like

The Channels app combines duplicate channels across tuners in the guide, and will tune them based on the source priority set in the app.

1 Like