TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Before anyone wastes their time with it: PlayOn is awful. Used it a year ago and it was always breaking and having issues for me and their support was useless. Channels DVR (especially with the server running on an Nvidia Shield) is heads and shoulders above PlayOn and the support provided by tmm is unrivaled.

1 Like

I not saying Playon was good. I’m seeing if Channels
could record on demand like Playon does.

2 Likes

I use Playon to record my on demand movies.

Glad it works for you. Never worked reliably for me and their support couldn't help me.

PlayOn was terrible for me too. Great idea, but it just didn't work very well. Most of the stuff I recorded were low quality and mostly unwatchable.

Would also like to add my support for adding NBC to TVE, based on your posting today https://community.getchannels.com/t/locast-integration/18180/11?u=debbiefl

Further note: I was able to add NBC link to my NBC app on iOS. As usual Xfinity doesn’t allow “Live” stream, however all on demand was available. Additionally, was also able to “Cast” the recorded streams to Google Nest Home Hub. Super cool!

So.. are you able to watch NBC live on https://www.nbc.com/live/nbc or not?

Yes, just not in iOS

I can in Central Florida along with Fox

Any way we can get ABC too if you add NBC? abc.go.com has TVE authentication. I have an HDHR to pull in OTA but it can't seem to lock into ABC.

Thanks!

1 Like

On ABC.com...:Live in Fort Myers, Fl. Is not supported (XFinity - Provider)

Just to add in, I am in Florida (Tampa market) and Spectrum has NBC and Fox live stream available from the TVE app as well.

Just FIY, ABC and CBS list what local markets they support. I couldn't find it on the Fox website but it is likely listed somewhere. I would avoid spamming the thread with what locals you have access to and your location (except with NBC since its being looking into).

Interestingly, if you pay extra for CBS "All Access" then they support nearly every market for live streaming. @tmm1 may be able to get that working with an additional sign in if enough people use it.

"The ABC live stream is currently available in the following markets: Chicago, Fresno, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham and San Francisco with a participating TV provider. Customers with a DirecTV subscription in the following markets will also be able to watch the ABC live stream: Albuquerque, Boston, Ft. Smith/Fayetteville, Jackson (Mississippi), Kansas City, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pittsburgh, Portland-Auburn (Maine), Savannah and West Palm Beach."

If you subscribe through a participating TV service provider (i.e. Optimum, Frontier, Hulu etc.), Live TV can be found in the markets below . . If you are a CBS All Access subscriber, click here to see the list of Live TV markets.

• CBS Baltimore (WJZ)
  • CBS Boston (WBZ)
  • CBS Chicago (WBBM)
  • CBS Dallas / Fort Worth (KTVT)
  • CBS Denver (KCNC)
  • CBS Detroit (WWJ)
  • CBS Los Angeles (KCBS)
  • CBS Miami (WFOR)
  • CBS Minnesota (WCCO)
  • CBS New York (WCBS)
  • CBS Philly (KYW)
  • CBS Pittsburgh (KDKA)
  • CBS Sacramento (KOVR)
  • CBS SF Bay Area (KPIX)

CBS All Access may be "protected like HBO" so Channels could not support it like they have said about other premium channels. However, if they could I would certainly love it because I have the No Commercial Tier and of course it has unique shows like Star Trek and they will be adding more.

I just meant for the local CBS stream, if you are a subscriber you have access to it from (I think) any market.

Just wanted to add this info in case somebody using this service wasn't aware of what it is or why it exists. TVEverywhere, The Cable companies want you to use this TVE service, they started it... To bring back the cord cutters...

Hey, why can' I get *** that I had on *** service I subscribed to, it should be streaming somewhere...

Have to say I didn't know this before this Beta as I hardly ever streamed anything and when I did the recording of those streams (If even possible) were corrupted and unreliable.

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with NBC SportsNet Philadelphia channel 6170? I have it authenticated via two sources, Xfinity from my PA home and PSVue that I use here in HI. The NBCSN Philly+ channel 6171 works fine and so do all the other NBCSN regionals from other markets that were authenticated, like Chicago, DC, Boston, etc.

It plays sometimes but usually stops at about 7-10 seconds in. I’ll get the logs to Channels support as soon as I can.

I have to say, this is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for and is incredible! I’ve been needing to merge my local OTA channels (for my wife mostly) with my Philly sports teams access and certain cable channels. This works perfectly, but of course the ONE channel I care about most (NBCSN Philly) is the ONE I have an issue with! I had an Amazon Recast on order to merge my local OTA and my PSVue Philly subscription but have since cancelled it once I tried his amazing service. Much better WAF!

Many thanks to the Devs and everyone here way smarter than I that have done this and made it what it is today!

1 Like

Also, is there a reason NFL Network isn’t included? I know someone mentioned earlier that it should be possible.

Fox Sports Florida guide is incorrect. All I currently have are giant blocks of “Off Air”. The zap2it.com guide is correct.

I went through my TV subscription and found all the sites that have web streaming and posted the links to them much earlier in the thread, and NFL Network was one of them. So many channels, so few hours in the day to back engineer how their streaming system works and make it play nice with the DVR :smiley:. NFL Network has 4 weeks until it matters, since that's when they start broadcasting preseason games, so maybe the focus is on other channels that have meaningful content now, like the remaining Fox Sports and other RSNs.

Personally, I hope beIN Sports is high up on the list, because they have a lot of soccer on right now but don't have apps for Android TV/Fire TV/Apple TV, and casting from the Android app is buggy to the point that it just randomly stops every 20 or 30 minutes. I think the Channels devs can give me a better way to watch than beIN themselves can.

2 Likes