1 Like

Fox is wofl.

That makes a bit more sense. Corrected.

1 Like

Boston, MA market:

6000 NBC WBTS 15.1
6004 PBS WGBH
6005 PBS WSBE 36.1 Providence

I have seen CBS 4.1 WBZ in the past, but it is not there now.

Huntington WV Market
6000 WSAZ (NBC) 3.1
6001 WCHS (ABC) 8.1
6003 WOWK (CBS) 13.1
6004 WVPB (PBS) 33.1
6005 WKLE (PBS) 46.1

Get a free Sling account, you can pull in a the EDC that way. Been doing it for awhile.

Vice formerly Viceland formerly H2 formerly History2 is also A&E

Vice TV does not have a live linear stream on their website, and therefore does not work with Channels.

3 Likes

Why'd NBATV support get dropped? I'm able to login on their site and view it.

1 Like

As mentioned above, it changed. However, some users still have the NBA TV channel in their lineups, but I'm not certain if they're able to actually retrieve a stream.

Other channels that at one point in time were supported, but have since been removed are:

• Pop
  • MSG/MSG+

(I've also noticed that FS West and Prime Ticket no longer show up, but I think that might be the result of RSN consolidation after the Fox/Disney/Sinclair purchase/divestment.)

(I suppose a section could be added for removed channels, perhaps in the hopes they might once again find themselves supported.)

1 Like

You might also want to link to this, assuming it works the same way Channels DVR does when you click Check Availability next to a channel.
https://getchannels.com/docs/channels-dvr-server/tv-everywhere/availability/

This is a a great resource, thanks for sharing it.

I understand that VICE (aka Viceland) isn't available via Channels DVR because Vice Media doesn't offer the same kind of live linear streaming that other TVE channels do. At least on the plus side, when logged into their app or website, there is on-demand access to all of their content.

That said - I couldn't find VICE on that reference list at all, hopefully it can be added to allay any confusion from future customers. Even just to explain it's not supported.

Only supported channels are listed. If it's not listed, it's not supported in Channels. (Some unsupported channels are listed, but that is because at one point they were, and now they no longer are. However, in the case of Viceland, it was never a supported channel.)

Understood. Hopefully then, that sentence can be added to allay any confusion from future customers. It wasn't clear to me and feels a bit counterintuitive to have so much unrestricted access to all of Vice TV's content using the same login workflow I use for all of the other TVE providers, and yet only Vice TV doesn't work with Channels DVR.

(for reference and example, Philo does list Vice as TVE compatible here: https://help.philo.com/tv-everywhere/)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Provider - Xfinity

I just checked Pop in Channels DVR on channel 6096 and it is working fine with my DirecTV credentials.

By the way, very nice list. Thank you for sharing.

Pip was added back in. Originally they were serving malformed audio streams that caused issues. This has since been fixed.

1 Like

So, I think I'm done with sharing an Xfinity login, any recommendations for a tve provider other than Xfinity? I don't need a ton of channels. The cable news channels, and discovery networks would probably be enough.

1 Like

I'd say YTTV, but they have issues with logins. Probably Hulu live and Direc tv stream would be your best bet.