TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

Ugh. One more issue. It seems that Spectrum is using my IP for SSO or something because both locations are on Spectrum. The other location has all the channels including Food Network/HGTV/Travel/etc... but it's not showing me those channels through Channels DVR. Any way around this?

Thank you for adding the channel logos.

NBC News Now is still showing a 5 second loop for me, except now it is not the placeholder image. Not sure how you're getting the stream but from NBC News' site, it seems like the URL changes every day.

NBC News was fixed in today's release. The latest url is fetched from their website.

2 Likes

Aman,

Expressing my appreciation for this project and saying Thank You!

Know what it's like to work on something you want and the satisfaction when it's achieved. Most people just stop there and say job complete.

But I wanted to say Thanks for sharing it with the Channels Community and continuing to improve it beyond just what you needed, so all of the Channels Community can enjoy the results of your hard work :+1: :smile:

Great support.

11 Likes

Latest pre-release 2019.06.24.2251 works great so far.

No CPU usage spikes while recording TVE so far, so I've been able to go back to two threads for comskip.

Very minimal pts errors now in the recorded streams so I can use VRD TVSuite to cut comms for archiving those recordings.

New logging of [MTS] statistics for each TVE recording in the ChannelsDvr log which is nice so you don't have to dig into the hls logs unless needed for troubleshooting.

Overall, a Major Improvement!

Thank You.

3 Likes

The guide issues are fixed for me. Thank you!
Everything seems to run really well on the FireTV 4K. The only issue remaining, with regards to the Shield TV, is the stopping of the stream when commercial plays. Doesn't happen all the time and the intervals vary, but it still happens.

1 Like

Could you email [email protected] with more details about what's happening? Diagnostics from the app would also be helpful.

Lost access to most channels after resetting pc. Still working with Fitzy. Spectrum is the provider. They no longer show up in scan

The guide on the Android Client is now remembering/hiding hidden channels, but it has now stopped showing the channel logo for all non TVE channels:

Non-TVE Channels:

20190624_214125

TVE Channels:

20190624_214229

20190624_214215

Have you tried clearing the cache? I know whenever I have (especially guide-related) issues with Channels, doing a force stop followed by clearing the app's cache usually fixes most issues.

I'm not able to reproduce this. Does it happen consistently if you restart the app?

Yes, I forced closed the app and restarted and it still occurred.

I'll clear cache tonight and try it again.

How does the verification process work? Don't understand how I can get access through Fitzy tv and The individual network apps, and not here.

Please email support with the logs if you're having problems.

Problem is still occurring on both my Shield and my MI Box. I cleared cache and data on the Shield with no results.

I noticed it's worse than I thought, the logos are not even appearing on the "on now" screen. This is somewhat frustrating because you don't know which channel is which.

Can you submit diagnostics after a fresh boot that shows the issue?

1 Like

I rebooted the Shield and submitted diagnostics just a few minutes ago.

Thanks.

Your credentials are stored locally on the computer... instead of the cloud like in Fitzy or TV Everywhere apps. So if something happened locally on the computer, it would effect Channels DVR capability to authenticate to streams, but not the other cloud based services (at least to my understanding).

Have you tried removing the source, and re-adding it to regenerate the credentials?

Question regarding additions to TVE channels:

If/when Channels adds new/additional networks to the TVE lineup, will the server authenticate for the new channel(s) and add them to the lineup, or will the TVE source have to be re-added for the channels to be rescanned?

1 Like

TV Everywhere out of BETA?
I noticed the pinned topic "NEW: TV Everywhere Support (BETA)" is now unpinned