TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

I am really excited about this. Just started testing it yesterday, and so far so good! I have a question that I can probably answer on my own with some testing, but I'm not home right now...

Most individual network apps will track watched status through show series and suggest next episodes to you. If I am recording TV Everywhere shows with Channels DVR, will those individual streaming services see a recorded show as a watched show?

So, for instance on my Apple TV, if I already have the Fox Now app linked to Apple's stock 'TV' app, and I use Channels to record Episode X of a show airing on Fox, will the TV app suggest that I stream Episode X+1 because it thinks I watched Episode X, even though I haven't actually watched the recorded episode yet?

I recognize that in switching back and forth between Channels and the TV app, I'm asking about sort of a fringe use case. But I do use the TV app every once in a while. And now that Apple TV user profiles (tvOS 13) will allow me to stop seeing suggestions for my wife and kids, I'm excited about the prospect of a cleaner 'Watch Next' section. So I'm curious how that will either integrate or get garbled by watching and recording streams with the Channels TV Everywhere integration.

Probably not, because Channels is using the live stream of a channel, not individual episodes.

However, if you do test this out, please report back and let us know.

Tried to add Xfinity and FuboTV and found with both that when I enter the credentials and try to submit, I get the error:

exec: "google-chrome": executable file not found in %PATH%

Ideas? Thanks!

You need to install Chrome on your C:\ drive

It's installed at the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application.

Please email [email protected] with a screenshot of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application open in Explorer.

@tmm1
Sudden link.
Everything was working fine. Couple days ago Some channels started failing with
Could not start stream for TVE-Suddenlink ch6108 DIY: TVE: 403 Forbidden: Access to the requested resource path has been forbidden: [Authorized Networks: ].

I had to delete the TVE source and re-add it to fix it.

You can use the new re-scan feature to fix channels which are not authorizing correctly.

Oh wow that’s my provider! Thanks!

With the latest DVR pre-release, the TVE feature is now supported on the NVidia SHIELD.

6 Likes

Hey guys! I am just curious if there is any other user on here that use Spectrum TV Choice (or maybe even Spectrum regular cable) that are having issues today with the TVE Apps.

I went to watch something via Channels and kept getting "Tuner Not Responding" errors and "unauthorized", etc. I thought maybe it was just via Channels but trying to log into the Apps individually is giving me the same issues and saying I am not Authorized with my provider. I signed out and back in to see if that would help but it didn't.

It seems like a Spectrum issue and not a Channels issue but I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing anything similar.

I am going to call tech support in a little while but they are usually useless. The Spectrum App itself is working fine, just not the TVE Apps.

If this remains an issue I will probably cancel with Spectrum and switch over to PSVue as they are the only other OTT service that has all the channels I am looking for.

Yes, seeing the same issues this morning. Pretty much everything is showing "authz retries failed" or "notAuthorized: A network error occured when communicating with the provider's authorization service". Just started this morning, up until then everything was working great.

I was able to log into a couple of the websites directly just fine with my Spectrum credentials.

I assume it is just a Spectrum thing as well, otherwise this thread would be full of others with similar issues. Hope it can be repaired. I otherwise really like the SSO feature with Spectrum on the ATV, but it could be causing some of these issues.

Same here with Spectrum. Spectrum app on Android works fine.

1 Like

Unfortunately Spectrum's support for TVE seems to be the most flaky out of all the providers we support. Their servers get easily overloaded and stop authorizing new sessions. If you can't login to a site like https://www.tbs.com/watchtbs or https://www.fxnetworks.com/live-tv/fx/pacific, then there's no hope of it working on Channels.

Which sites did you try that worked?

I just gave PSvue a shot, but for some reason I can't access the local affiliate channels or any of the most important sports channels via Channels DVR. These are all shown as available on the $60 subscription that I purchased, and I can watch them on the PS website.

Channels TVE does not support any local affiliate channels that I know of. I have Hulu, DTVN and PS VUE and none of them support them. Not sure about sports channels.

NatGeo and ESPN worked. Just tried TNT and it returns an error with the providers authorization service. Same with Food Network. Now ESPN is not working either. The error is not descriptive, just says "something didn't work quite right". I suppose their auth service is messed up. Perhaps it will come back... or not.

Crap. That's what I was afraid of. Useless for me without the sports.

Curious. Do you mean the Sports Add On Package? I know they do not support premium packages like HBO because of the extra DRM.

No, I didn't get the sports add-on package. I got the $60 elite package. I hate this situation where we can't watch our local sports remotely. I thought maybe Channels DVR would solve that, but guess not. Every time I re-add the tuner, it finds a different quantity of available channels.

Now I can't even login and re-add the PSVue access.