TV Everywhere Experiences (Internal Beta)

I may be confused with your question. If you do not want to use the Channels DVR just do not pay for it?

If you subscribe to Playstation Vue Video Streaming Service (I think you said $60 per month Elite) you can simply use the Playstation Vue App on a number of hardware platforms. I use Apple TV Box.

There are a lot of streaming services like Playstation Vue that work similar and most have a Cloud based DVR.

Others here simply love the Channels UI and DVR Experience. So this new TVE Feature allows us to bring our TVE Subscripts (like PS Vue) into the mix of sources.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

FYI Most of the channels are back again on my Spectrum account. I suppose it was a temporary issue. The only channels that i have had before that did not get picked up on a full re-add of the TVE source were:

• Paramount
  • POP
  • Science
  • TLC
  • HGTV
  • DIY

I will wait a bit and then try them individually.

1 Like

I'm also seeing this on Verizon and TLC. HGTV works though, and TLC also works on Cox. I will investigate.

1 Like

I wanted to first thank the developers for all the hard work and time spent on constantly improving and making this DVR software the best it can be. I have been using it full-time on my apple tv and android phones and tablet for almost a year I think perhaps longer without any issues.

So I have been using this TVE feature almost since the beginning and have not encountered too many issues. I have had maybe one or two recordings that didn't work but I didn't mind as they were just test recordings and I knew this feature is still in beta. As each beta update is released, I have noticed that most channels now are running smoothly with out any issues.

I'm pleased to see that the fox sports regional networks will be added very soon. great news. hopefully the rebranding of the networks to Sinclair doesn't mess things up too much with streaming. just got to see how that shakes out. only channel now that i would want is mlb network but sadly frontier doesn't support it with a TVE login. its been years now and I'm still waiting.

anyways keep up the great work.

5 Likes

@tmm1 any idea why I’m getting the “not in subscription“ error when trying to add Comcast Xfinity?

@tmm1 Any chance of adding NFL Network support for Spectrum users? The AppleTV4k app works great with a Spectrum login as well as my laptop. Keep up the great work!

TIA!

For those that are having issues with Discovery channels (HGTV, TLC, FoodNetwork, etc...) do the edit thing and scan them one by one. If you keep removing everything and scanning all you will never get all the channels. It only lets you authenticate to each network like 2 every X hours.

1 Like

I finally got all my channels I wanted on XFINITY ... I just waited and never removed the source .. now I have TLC and others I was missing ... this only gets better.

1 Like

I did this and still same error on PS VUE. I have asked for a RESCAN ALL feature to make what you are suggestion much much easier. Would that cause the same problem your are suggesting with "authenticate to each network". Or is the only a problem when you delete and add it back? Not sure what the developers feel that doing rescan 1 channel at a time is the best option. Maybe I am missing something.

Anybody using Sling? My goal is to pick the best streaming service for Channels DVR TVE. One that gets most of the channels via web login.

I just read this which means they are adding more channels.

I'm thrilled with the TVE experience, but the pessimist in me thinks that once the cable companies realize that these channels are being used in the living room to supplement cable in a non-intended way, they are not going to like it and look for ways to break it.

All they would have to do is introduce some sort of captcha and then the login stuff would no longer work, right?

Food for thought.

I have been thinking the same thing but plan to use this new feature as long as I can. But to address your captcha. During the login process of I think Hulu a separate browser was started to handle the "manual" part of the authentication. Not sure how often that would need to be done. Maybe only once or maybe ever few months. Maybe that could work with this as well. And since you only have to do it on the DVR instead of all client devices it might not be a problem if true.

Sling has by far the worst tv everywhere support. Have you tried Hulu live. Kinda makes sense because you have to pay extra for a DVR there.

Cable companies will just see you are authenticating tv everywhere apps, why would they care

Edit Xfinity made me give my social, receive a text or my account number when I tried to login my Fire TV in Fitzy.

Yes I have Hulu. Here is my channel counts:

Hulu = 98 channels
DTVN = 116 channels
PS VUE = 105 channes

Before the recent issues with PS VUE it was the most channels. VUE is the only one getting channels 6030-6042 but recently lost channels 6101-6114. DTVN is only one that gets 6021 but missing a number of other.

Prior to TVE I was already subscribing to Hulu and DTVN. I will probably drop one of the three soon. Philo is an option but I mainly need the missing News Channels which only PS VUE has.

I guess Hulu's issue is they have A@E instead of AMC, which hurts their channel count. I have Spectrum Choice band Att watch (Trying with Direc tv login, doesn't work.

When you rescan all, it hits every single channel during the scan. You can only authenticate with each Discovery channel once every X hours. For mine I could only authenticate 2. Then I had to wait and then scan the 1 channel after however many hours. For me I just did a couple every day. Now I have all the discovery channels. This is on Spectrum. Might be different for your provider.

Please send in the logs otherwise I can't help you.

When I open www.tlc.com/watch/tlc in a Chrome or Firefox and login with Verizon, it takes me to a blank page and doesn't log me in. So it seems something is wrong with their website.

Can you try it? If you have the same problem, I would suggest you contact their support on https://tlc.custhelp.com/app/ask

I am not sure if the same authentication that you are talking about happens when you add the service and when you do a rescan of a channel to see if that channel has access.

Anyway, I believe the problem with Discovery Channels like "TLC" is the PS Vue Authentication. As you may know PS Vue has been in negotiations for some time with Discovery and others. Today was the day that they needed to have an agreement. And PS Vue today raised their prices of all tiers by $5 so maybe all is done.

Try this tlc.com and go to live tv and you then select Playstation Vue and the login screen does not come up. If you try Directv Now the login screen does come up. To me this is the problem.

I am curious if any customer here with PS Vue. Are you able to watch TLC Channel 6105. I think in the past I was getting these channels.