TVE Beta: Recordings causing problems with Windows Explorer

I believe this has been fixed for some time. We now insert PCR into most streams where it is missing.

3 Likes

I can confirm the last several recordings do not seem to have the Windows Explorer issue. Thanks!!!!

1 Like

Yea this has not been an issue for a little while on win 10. forgot about it.
It has been fine on win 11 too.

1 Like

Hate to dig up an old post, but I'm seeing the problem with an HLS M3U source.
Windows Explorer takes a long time to bring up details and can't determine the duration or correct bit rate.
Capture4
Doing that old remux trick fixes it ffmpeg -i "filename.mpg" -c copy "filename.ts"

Channels DVR recording has its PMT saying the PCR is in the null packets PID 0x1fff
Capture0

Recording the same HLS stream with VLC results in a perfect transport stream capture.

If you would like, I can upload 2 minute recordings from Channels and VLC of the same stream recorded at the same time.

What's the source?

hlstube docker container
I can PM you the link if you want to try from your end

okay will apply the same fix when hlstube urls are detected (starts with /_/)

3 Likes

That was fast. It's fixed now.

2 Likes

@tmm1 Can you do the same fix for this An easy way for Channels DVR to watch YouTube Live vids as a source?

Seeing the same thing with Custom M3U Channel recordings made using that source.
Takes 30 seconds to a minute for the right click on recording file context menu to come up in Windows.
TSReader shows that the PMT says the PCR is on PID 8191 (0x1fff). That's the Null Packet PID.

Recording the same thing using hlstube as a source doesn't exhibit this issue.

Thanks for the fix. Looks good now :+1:

1 Like