TVE Not Working for Comcast

I moved to a new server and I am not able to log into TVE through the evil Comcast. They have put a captcha on the log in page which results in a time out. Is there a way around this?

It's just like Comcast to pull something like this.

That only happens if you have to many logon attempts to make sure you are not a bot ... waiting a while or creating a user just for TVE usually fixes this.

1 Like

While I agree that that was the case in the past, even attempting to log in to email on Comcast's website now has the captcha.

Create a secondary login in your xfinity account without billing access and use that with the DVR

And for Comcast/Xfinity (not sure if this applies to other providers) when setting up the Channels TVE device, use just the secondary account username for username, NOT the full email address [email protected]. The full email address works to authenticate some channels, but not all so you would end up with missing channels.
Provider - Xfinity

Why am I getting a playback fail on certain channels in tve?

Because something isn't working correctly.

What message are you getting in the logs?
What channels?
What's your setup?

I’m using a TiVo 4k with the server installed on the same device. When I try to play certain channels like food network or travel channel I get a playback fail message. I do not have access to my logs at the moment

That is a weak server and you are also using it as client expect problems.

Gotcha that make sense except the same channels are also not working on my main server which is on a wd pr 2100. Maybe it’s a Xfinity issue?

My XFINITY is working ... Have you tried setting your password make sure it hasn't expired.?

Password is up to date. I just created a new one last night.

Some channels work and some don’t. ESPN works only a few channels don’t playback. This is with tve.

What channels DON'T work?

Go here click on check availability for a channel that is not working and try on their website.

Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability (getchannels.com)

Travel channel, food network, and fX were not working

Yes the channels that Have not been playing should be available

Please submit diagnostics from the Channels app under Settings > Support > Submit Diagnostics > Video Player, then email [email protected]