Two HDHomeruns with different channels enabled

My setup is probably not the norm. But it works OK in most other DVR apps.

I have two separate antennas located in my attic pointed in two different directions. I get part of my channels from about 40 miles away in one direction and 7 to 10 miles in another direction. No multi directional antenna ever worked for me. Each antenna has a dedicated hdhomerun. Each hdhomerun has different channels enabled so that I am only tuning the channels in the proper direction. This way I don’t get any recordings taking place on the weak signal channels from the antenna not pointing in the right direction.

However, in the web app my guide only shows one of the tuners. I have both of the tuners set up with the same guide data (local OTA) and have favorited the correct channels on each tuner. Is combining tuners this way into one guide supported?

The web app should show all channels from all tuners combined together. If you have specific channels enabled on each tuner, everything should work just as you expect. The correct HDHR will be used based on the channel number.

I finally got some time this morning to look at this again. I’ve tried several different things. I’d really like to see this working. Response times, loading etc. works great on my Nvidia Shield.

I uninstalled my unraid installation and installed channels dvr on an old windows laptop I had lying around to see if that would make a difference. . Same problem I only get the guide from one tuner on the web inerface and I get no channels in the guide on the nvidia shield. I went in to the settings screen and favorited a few channels on both tuners. In my case this is 2.1, 8.1 and 12.1. All 3 of these channels now show up on the Shield. I am able to watch live tv on each of these channels through the guide. However, the logs show that all three channels are coming from the same tuner. 12.1 should come from the second tuner. I can copy and attach my logs if that would help.

The weird thing is that if I go to a roku and pull up the channels app all 20 of my channels are available in the Now Playing screen.

I just wanted to say that I really like the interface. It’s simple clean and very intuitive. So far I’ve only played around wit Live TV but pausing and skipping forward and back seems to work flawlessly. This seems like a thoroughly modern DVR with incredibly easy setup. This could be a killer app for Android TV.

12.1 is hidden on one of the tuners? Could be a bug… I’ll take a look.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Remote access issue