UK Guide data about to run out?

Looks more widespread and some more reports it has been resolved.

Just deleted/recreated, Channel 4 HD is now there that wasn't before, but BBC and much of the rest isn't:

Same results here Channel 4 has made an appearance; I can’t see what the pattern is for the missing channels apart from them being the important ones we all use on UK Freeview.

The Freeview site https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide has the full line-up annoyingly!

Do you know if there is any alternate to whoever the provider is under the DVR? That would be useful.

I contacted Gracenote and they basically said it’s a client issue. Very odd. Is HD Homerun DVR having the same issue?

In Ireland I am seeing the same issue with Virgin Media One and Three so not just UK.

I assume anyone using the same provider will probably be in the same boat like that link to the Plex forum too.
Sounds a bit weird having a client issue that only picks out the more important channels though!

It’s a bit frustrating not having an alternate temp provider... in fact very frustrating when you see the freeview site with that lovely guide data presented! LOL... Anyway, so far so good with my wife not being aware of an issue!!

Yes I might have to start experimenting with BBC and ITV regions and get data but at least a few channels have come back since yesterday like Channel 4. 5 Select and 5 USA were gone I think but back now.

I just did a “delete and recreate”. Diagnostics 5f3132c8-2c0d-44b1-9ba4-5d1483b67a6e Submitted.

“To be announced” starts to appear from Saturday 27th February at 06:00, then from Saturday 6th March this stops and just the channel name is shown.

I can’t see that this is a “client” issue as some of the channels are working (which is better than it was originally)!

I now have Channel 4, and a few others like Quest, but none of BBC1, BBC2, BBC4 ITV or Chanel 5 or their extra channels. Could it be related to Freeview multiplex?

Is there a way I can force Channels to re-download the whole EPG?

I've had exactly the same problems, I've not done any deletion / recreation or re-downloading of the guide database in Channels but I am seeing the exact same results as above - i.e. yesterday I was seeing no guide data beyond Sat 0600 for most of the main TV channels; now I am seeing Channel 4 but still not the others. Radio stations are all there.

...and the BBC2 HD logo has now vanished... LOL

Yeah, 5-6 missing for me - theres another thread with this. It was how I noticed things going wonky to start with.

Still, at least we have reasonable catch up services in the UK :slight_smile:

I had a good search around to see if Gracenote had put out any status apologies or anything at all... can’t find anything whatsoever.

In my experience Gracenote don't like dealing with end users - you get fobbed off, to put it bluntly, if they respond at all.

I believe all queries have to be sent via Plex, Channels, etc... whoever licenses it.

Not seen any wagglin’ fingers coming from Channels so far :innocent:

It seems like Plex updates are fixing issues with the guide there but Channels issues still not yet. Any idea what it might be?

Ok I’m now seeing a couple more channels get data back including BBC 1.

BBC 2, ITV and Channel 5 are major ones outstanding.

It seems like they are gradually getting fixed so fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I'm seeing the same. So hopefully the restored EPG will continue to roll out.

Slowly slowly.
Still shocked that there has been no comms from Gracenote to the paying subscribers.

ITV and Channel 5 back now. Just BBC 2 left for me. Crisis averted!

Just done a delete and reload, I have EPG for BBC2 HD on ch 102, but not the SD version on ch 2!

Still only getting about a week’s worth on the main channels.