Unable to access left table in guide window (tvOS 11 beta)

When viewing the guide, I am unable to access the left table in the guide. The area where you pick between Movies, HD, SD, sports, etc. I can hear the sound of the pings as if it’s trying to access the menu when you scroll left on the remote, but nothing. You can go right in the guide all day but can’t access this portion of the menu. If you go up to the On Now table you have no problem accessing these.

I also have a problem where if I select any channel it just sits there in a spinning wheel and about 10 min later you may get sound and the ATV4 screensaver playing over the top of it.

I just updated this ATV to tvOS11 and the newest Channels app 2.1.34. Is there a solution for this? My other two ATV’s haven’t been upgraded and are working.

Sounds like a bug in the beta. We highly discourage running tvOS betas as they are usually pretty buggy.

Thanks. Wasn’t this also discussed as being an issue in the regular application but working in the Channels beta app?

AFAIK, there are no known issues with the latest 2.1.34 on tvOS 10. You are only having problems on the ATV you upgraded right?

Well, a few things updated at once. The channels app, tv app, as well as the channels app doing offering firmware upgrades for the HDHR’s. Is there a way to try the channels beta app. I no longer see an option in Test Flight.

I sent you a TestFlight invite earlier. Maybe in your spam folder.

Awesome. Got my channels back. Left scroll still not working but I can at least watch tv here.

FWIW, I have the same issue here also running tvOS 11 beta.

It may be worth mentioning that I’ve seen one other non-Channels issue. I haven’t done anything to test with this but twice now our TV would not turn on using the ATV remote. Both times power cycling the ATV has corrected the issue. Not sure if the native TV remote would as well.

Hi,

I can’t load channels after upgrade. The loader icon just keep spinning.

Is there er update on the way to support tvOS 11 beta users? so you can get it ready when it its out of beta?

Can I get a TestFlight invite? Made the mistake of loading iOS 11b2, having problems also, Made me realize how much I use Channels vs other apps!!

I can report the beta are working with tvOS 11 beta :slight_smile:

@tmm1 any chance I can get back into the TestFlight beta? Is there a form I can fill out again?

Hi, my first time here visiting the forums and already learned a lot more about Channels. I also upgraded to the tvOS beta and experience the same issues, any chance for a beta invite would be greatly appreciated to keep the wife approval factor. She is upset that she can’t watch TV anymore.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Wow, that was fast, received your invite but the TestFlight app on my Apple TV is asking for a redemption code and I don’t see one in the e-mail?

There is a link in the email to generate a code

Don’t see any link for the redemption code, there are links to the community forum, support e-mail and to the TestFlight app but nothing else? Maybe because it’s late and I am tired by now and don’t see the link?
I am on my iPad but signed into the TestFlight app on the Apple TV, clicking the TestFlight button opens the app on my iPad and asked me to sign in, but I keep getting an error TestFlight is not available? Apple’s dev site service status shows it’s status as normal and operational, really odd.

There’s a View in TestFlight button at the top of the email. You can try it on a computer if it’s not working on iOS (should just open TestFlight app on iOS and show an Accept button)

For tvOS TestFlight, I’ve always had to install/open on the Apple TV.

The listing also appears on iOS, however, only shows under Unavailable with an indication of Apple TV only.

Ok, I got the code after clicking on the link on my desktop machine. I have participated in many beta test and never did I have to enter a redemption code and I test on iOS, tvOS and macOS all the time, I find this odd?

First observation, I still can’t scroll all the way to the left in the guide and that is all I tested so far, will report back by tomorrow.

Thanks again and outstanding support and response. FYI, just purchased the iOS version of Channels too.

There are several known bugs in tvOS 11 beta. We do not recommend anyone run beta builds in their living room, but are offering the TestFlight with video playback workaround as a courtesy.

Personally I am not going anywhere near tvOS 11 until atleast beta 4, as which time any remaining bugs in our app will be addressed.