Unable to add YouTubeTV as TVE provider

"no login form found"

Error message when trying to add YouTubeTV as a provider in ChannelsDVR.

Is there a viable solution? I've sent in logs twice with no reply. :frowning:

What OS do you have your server on?

Synology NAS. Channels DVR had worked without issue for >1 year with Charter cable however now unable to setup using YouTubeTV as provider.

Did you update to the latest beta. Also did you run the troubleshooting under Support. Make sure you are running the latest Chrome version. If you get all green check marks. Then you are running the latest chrome version that Channels DVR offers.

Although I don't use YTTV, I have 2 Channels DVR Servers with Xfinity TVE sources (two Xfinity user accounts) on two Synology NAS's. The only issue I ran into (besides normal Xfinity auth issues) was when I used docker containers for TVE (headless chrome issues) and now I only use the Channels DVR Synology package.

Check the first post here if you're new to using YTTV

This may also help

Did you update to the latest beta.
Yes

Also did you run the troubleshooting under Support.
Yes

Make sure you are running the latest Chrome version. If you get all green check marks. Then you are running the latest chrome version that Channels DVR offers.
Yes

...now I only use the Channels DVR Synology package.
I am running Channels DVR Synology package. ChannelsDVR works fine with HD-Homerun, Samsung TV and Pluto TV as sources. Docker is also running container Pluto-for-Channels.
As previously stated, everything worked fine with Cable company as TVE provider but now YouTubeTV can't be added.

Yeah all those other services you listed don't require a login so for something to go wrong its less likely. TVE on the other hand always seems to be an evolving ship. We just had to paint a picture to know what all has been done. At this point I couldn't tell you what is wrong with the Youtube portion. Are you running any add blocking software? Meaning from your router. If so you might want to turn that off to see if that is blocking access to the login screen. Just trying to go by what others have had issues with. Did you create an account that doesn't require 2Fa for youtube?

Are you running any add blocking software? Meaning from your router?
No.

Did you create an account that doesn't require 2Fa for youtube?
2FA is not enabled.

Not much more I can do. I'll admit I'm surprised and disappointed by lack of an email reply from ChannelsDVR support but it was a good run while it lasted. Best wishes to everyone here.

You may want to try changing you password and/or username. It worked for me when using TVE with Comcast.

1 Like

YouTubeTV is tied to your Gmail account so don't think you can change your username. Changing the password seems somewhat futile as it seems like error message, ""no login form found" means its not getting to the login screen and not an issue of incorrect credentials

In the main tread for YTTV issues with TVE some users have set up dedicated gmail accounts just to use with YTTV. Additionally some describe using a private browsing or incognito browser and logging in. Once it ask for an authorization code you can hop over to channels and add YTTV as a source.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.