Unpredictable skipping/fast forward during remote playback of recordings

Within the last few weeks I’ve noticed issues fast forwarding as well, though I’m not sure if it’s the same issue. In my case, I’m watching on tvOS. At the beginning of this month, I switched from OTA to a HDhomerun Prime, but I don’t think the problem started until this week Or perhaps last week. Anyhow, if I try to fast forward, I can hit the remote and sometimes it jumps ahead, but many times nothing happens, it continues to play. I end up pressing it a lot because it doesn’t react as well as it used to. It is very unresponsive. I have not tried the transcode option yet.

What kind of remote? You're saying you click FF and it doesn't show the timeline or the FF icon? Sounds like it's running out of batteries or doesn't have good Bluetooth signal to the ATV.

Does the settings tab show Home checked for Quality set to Original?

It’s the AppleTV remote. I charged it within the past week I believe. Sometimes I get the timeline, sometimes I don’t. I do get the spinning icon sometimes as well. Even when I don’t see the timeline pop up, I see the white light on my AppleTV go out in time with the button presses.

1 Like

Could you try running a speedtest from your dvr: Frequently Asked Questions

We have some stuff in the development pipeline which will reduce bandwidth requirements for seek/ff and make it almost instantaneous.

I got about 250 Mb, about 6 ms latency and I think it was under 2 for jitter

1 Like